Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TOAS MOD v2.0  (Read 11516 times)

E27-RAPTOR and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: TOAS MOD v2.0
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2020, 05:29:48 AM »

A great achievement by all involved, thank you very much, really appreciated. 8)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

urmel

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 08:55:58 AM »

Great addition! Many thanks to all involved.

Regards, Urmel

vudu_1

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2020, 10:25:14 AM »

Gentlemen,

This is a great modpack and definitely a well crafted supplement to the BAT JTW package.
It fills a gap which previously has seen lukewarm support only.

There's one thing though, and it might be worth considering a change in this regard whenever a future update of this pack is planned:
"Malvinas"...
While I fully understand that this is what the Falklands are called in Argentine, and I also understand that in certain regions of this planet that naming convention may be linguistically correct, we should respect nevertheless that the islands are the Falkland Islands and not the Malvinas, at least in international terms.
Anything else is at least bad taste, if not an insult against those who have fought to defend their nations territorial integrity.

The Falklands War, an ill-fated undeclared war starting with the invasion and occupation of both Falkland Islands and South Georgia, was won with great bravery by the british naval task force.
907 people have been killed during the 74 days of the conflict, and we are well advised to show our utmost respect to them by not falling victim to reinterprete history, like assigning a name to the Falklands which the Argentine Junta would have loved to see on the islands flags just too much.

If you think all of this wasn't worth mentioning, you should step back for a second and consider how the british feel about it.
In Great Britain you will find Falkland War Memorials all over the place.
That's because a whole lot of cities and villages had victims in their ranks.
There's too many of them to provide a full list, let me just show but two which I've seen myself when I visited UK last year.

This is the Plymouth Railway Station Falklands Conflict Memorial.
Concourse. east end of main doors, behind platform 4
Plymouth Railway Station, North Rd, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 6AB, England
A rectangular memorial with obverse and reverse of South Atlantic medal and ribbon centrally above inscription. Lettering incised and infilled in black. To the left badges of Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Royal Fleet Auxiliary; to the right badges of the Army, the Royal Marines and the Merchant Navy. In a glass board with the badges of 40 RN ships and 10 RFA ships, also of the royal naval college, HMS Raleigh, royal navy southern diving group and HMS drake.
Inscription: "In memory of the members/ of all Services who gave/their lives on the South Atlantic/ 1982"

NO QUOTE PICS !!

This is the Falklands War Memorial in St. Paul's Cathedral, St. Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AD, England
Inscription: "In honour of the South Atlantic Task Force and to the abiding memory of all those who gave their lives"

NO QUOTE PICS !!

You can see a couple more memorials with no claim to completeness here:
War Memorials Register on Falklands War Conflict (1982)

It would be great if this could be rectified in some future update.

]cheers[
Mike
Dear Mike, we respect the fighters (from both sides) faithfully recreating the conflict and, for example, instead of using "similar" objects or planes taking the work of doing them from scratch. Each recreated mission was done according to historical data which literally took us whole days to analyze documents, stories and maps and not from a triumphalist point of view, in fact, we modeled the English ships as they were at that time when it would have been infinitely easier to use default ships and the same case occurs with Sea Harrier or Lynx.
In our case this is not only a Mod to "play" but mainly a tribute to all the Argentine pilots who participated in the conflict, those who returned and those who stayed there, so you will understand our refusal to mention them as Falklands. get bored so it is not necessary to mention the amount of monuments and the respect that any citizen of my nation professes towards ex-combatants since not only the English nation does.
If you or you prefer to tell Falklands I understand it, but in Latin America (626,000,000 million inhabitants) the correct name is Malvinas and we are not aggrieved because someone calls them Falklands.
That said, if the condition of publication on this site of the T.O.A.S.Mod is to exclude the word Malvinas, let us know and we will gladly withdraw it since it is not our intention that anyone feels aggrieved.
I send you a hug.

Mono27

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2020, 10:28:35 AM »

Thank you for this excellent mod!  ;D

poiana44

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 11:30:04 AM »

Hi guys,
Very, very beautiful pack so long awaited... ;D
Only one question:
To install this pack have I to extract the 3 TOAS files in my BATMODS folder (as shown in my screen below), or I have to extract them in my general BAT installation as usually done for all the expansion pack (i.e. Pegasus, Le Grand Cirque, Sealion, etc...)?

I ask you this because I would not want to lose all the BAT modules .ini files that I have modified and if this happens I would like to know if only the .ini JTW files would be affected by the change.

Thans in advance.
Bye, Poiana

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 11:34:15 AM »

this goes into BATMODS and is activated/deactivated through JSGME. Therefore you will not "lose" any ini files, but when activated, the TOAS mod will have its own inis running - which will all revert to regular BAT once deactivated.

The TOAS JSGME profile "TOAS_MOD_OP1.mep" can be placed anywhere, I have my own personal JSGME profiles in my root directory, just as example.

poiana44

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2020, 11:45:23 AM »

this goes into BATMODS and is activated/deactivated through JSGME. Therefore you will not "lose" any ini files, but when activated, the TOAS mod will have its own inis running - which will all revert to regular BAT once deactivated.

The TOAS JSGME profile "TOAS_MOD_OP1.mep" can be placed anywhere, I have my own personal JSGME profiles in my root directory, just as example.

Dear Vampire
thank you for your fast reply... everything is clear to me now.
Only my stupids doubts  ;)  I will start downloading tonight... beautiful night...
Thanks again!

Geschirrsp├╝lmaschine19

• "A plan is a list of things that won't happen."
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2020, 11:47:47 AM »

Great addition!!!
I love all the new FMB objects, especially that station wagon :)
"If we don't know what we're doing, neither will the enemy."

Ivan-le-Rouge

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2020, 01:59:14 PM »

Beautiful! Thanks for this modpack!

Seb

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2020, 03:39:37 PM »

Each recreated mission was done according to historical data which literally took us whole days to analyze documents, stories and maps and not from a triumphalist point of view, in fact, we modeled the English ships as they were at that time when it would have been infinitely easier to use default ships and the same case occurs with Sea Harrier or Lynx.
In our case this is not only a Mod to "play" but mainly a tribute to all the Argentine pilots who participated in the conflict, those who returned and those who stayed there, so you will understand our refusal to mention them as Falklands.

Hi Vudu
First of all, thank you very much for this work.
I remember this war, in Poland this war was called for Falkland - Malvin Islands.
I also have a question, will Westalnd Lynx be in any next version of TOAS?
Regards
Seb

vudu_1

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2020, 04:29:45 PM »

Each recreated mission was done according to historical data which literally took us whole days to analyze documents, stories and maps and not from a triumphalist point of view, in fact, we modeled the English ships as they were at that time when it would have been infinitely easier to use default ships and the same case occurs with Sea Harrier or Lynx.
In our case this is not only a Mod to "play" but mainly a tribute to all the Argentine pilots who participated in the conflict, those who returned and those who stayed there, so you will understand our refusal to mention them as Falklands.
[/quote]
Thank you for your words friend "! .. I know what you say because a mechanic from the Wild Bustards (Mirage) squad lives in Poland for years and told me the same thing.
The Linx is currently in the TOAS MOD, do you mean if I'm going to do the cockpit in some mood?
  I send you a hug
Hi Vudu
First of all, thank you very much for this work.
I remember this war, in Poland this war was called for Falkland - Malvin Islands.
I also have a question, will Westalnd Lynx be in any next version of TOAS?
Regards
Seb
[/quote]

fakieboris

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2020, 09:36:21 PM »

Really beautiful Add On, Well done, Best Malvinas map out there
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 26 queries.