Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to set up a BAT dedicated Server?  (Read 3756 times)

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
Re: How to set up a BAT dedicated Server?
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2020, 01:58:04 PM »

Translator, written some garbage :)
Can you help with this question on the server (if it's not time-consuming) or me should not bother and delete it all?

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2020, 03:20:23 AM »

Hi DESPEREAUX,

This is the current state of things:

You can always host a multiplayer session from a BAT Client installation, that's absolutely possible.
You just cannot (easily?) create a BAT dedicated Server, that's all.

You can host multiplayer sessions from a BAT Client installation: Coop, Campaigns and probably Dogfights will work to some extent.

You should not use BAT as a dedicated Server however, you have UltraPack 3.3 for all your dedicated Server needs! Hundreds of planes in a proven, stable, fully supported platform.

I think there are no plans to make BAT server-ready any time soon. UltraPack 3.3 is the way to go as of today.

Cheers!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2020, 04:12:11 AM »

Thank you for the answer Whistler. Sorry for the stupid question :)
I just assumed, based on my narrow and incompetent view, that perhaps the problem is not as great as it might seem at first glance ..

DESPEREAUX

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2020, 01:55:53 PM »

I checked version 3.7 .. All the same, I was mistaken. These were the default aircraft, on a dedicated server with mod maps. : /

Don’t think about anything bad, I understand perfectly well that this cannot work, because the program needs to take data from somewhere.  But until the last I was sure that it somehow worked.  I don’t know why so, I probably dreamed. This is all because I started already an internal and dedicated server .. And for a moment it seemed to me that it worked.  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 25 queries.