Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F-80A has problems being targeted  (Read 542 times)

Fhechene

F-80A has problems being targeted
« on: February 12, 2020, 12:18:39 PM »

So, I'm trying to setup a He-162 vs F-80A scenario. What I've seen is that He-162's have no will to target the F-80A. They follow their waypoints. I need a lot of He-162's for one to maybe think in starting a dogfight. Curiously, something similar happened with static vehicles that shoot.
I have Asura's 3.0 DGen pack. I don't know if the issue is with the mod pack or with the F-80A mod. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

SAS~GJE52

• SAS Team
Re: F-80A has problems being targeted
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »

I have Asura's 3.0 DGen pack.

]dontknow[

"The darkest places in Hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis"  The Divine Comedy. Dante Alighieri 1265-1321

Fhechene

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 05:16:07 PM »

I mean, there are two possible causes. The F-80A or the mod pack. So, I ask here if anyone has issues with the F-80A and I should ask directly in Aviaskins if anyone else has the same issue.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 11:40:59 PM »

At the risk of triggering people who think that BAT was no answer to anything...
Both planes work just fine in BAT:

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

Fhechene

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 09:22:17 AM »

Thanks for testing!
So it's the mod, then.
Back to aviaskins then.

Edit: I was thinking, you showed an air battle in which you are Allied and the Heinkels are Axis, right? What if the player is in the side that has the Heinkels? Most probably it won't have anything to do with it. But still...

Edit 2: as I suspected, if the player is flying in one of the He-162 flight, the issue appears for all He flights of the squadrons. I might adventure that all flights of the faction itself wouldn't be able to attack. The issue doesn't happens if the player is not part of the faction.
The workaround I used was attaching the Heinkel waypoints to the F-80A flights. That seems to work.

Edit 3: no, it didn't work out

Fhechene

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 07:04:29 PM »

I'm sorry to necrothread this, well, thread, but I found an interesting development.
I downloaded the Shooting stars unified pack, to see if the problem was Asura's mod and it sorta was.

So, I started a quick mission, me an Allied F-80A squad, in Normandy1 and enemy He-162A squad and we shot eachother.
I now was an Axis He-162A squad and the enemy was F-80A squad and we shot eachother. I tried different squads and there was no difference, we always shot eachother

I created a mission with FMB, in Ardennes Summer and tried different conditions: air start, take-off, delayed take-off and in every situation we shot eachother, BUT, the issue STILL happens if I modify the stock He-162A mission and make the native P-80A squadron use F-80A. Neither the Me-262's and the He-162's shot the F-80A's. AT MOST, one Heinkel shots a volley, but nothing else.

So, I'm at loss here :(

Edit 1: as there weren't issues while I tested different configurations, I just ended up replicating the mission. It's weird, but whatever
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 28 queries.