Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Update  (Read 902 times)

SAS

• Editor
Forum Update
« on: January 29, 2020, 01:25:08 AM »

Dear SAS Members & Guests,

Our Forum Software has been updated from SMF Version 2.0.15 to the latest Release 2.0.17.
Among other improvements, security concerns were the main driving force behind this update, which is the biggest update ever release in the SMF 2.0.x branch so far.
In order to improve the safety of user accounts, the hashing mechanism for user cookies has been updated as well, which means that all previous logins became invalid and you are being asked to login to the forum again.
Your old password is still valid, so all you need to do is to enter your user credentials again and you'll be set and ready to go.

Furthermore, after logging in again, you will have to accept the forum rules once more.
This is required to fulfill GDPR compliance requirements.

We apologize for any inconveniences caused by this update and thank you for your patience and contribution to this wonderful game and to our forums.

Your sincerely,
The SAS Team

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
Re: Forum Update
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 11:16:38 PM »

Dear SAS Members,

In case you got logged out of the forum after the latest update and you can't remember your account password for the life of yours anymore, please perform the following steps:
  • Use the forum's Authentication Reminder feature
  • If you've managed to lose both your password and access to the email address configured in your user profile, you can opt to get in touch with me by E-Mail directly:
    mike [at] sas1946.com
    Be prepared that you will have to prove ownership of your account one way or the other.

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

Flanker27

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 05:26:35 AM »

Mike can people read this if they are not logged in the forum? Just thought I would have you verify that

[FAC]Ghost129er

• Modder
  • SAS Certified Nuisance
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 05:34:52 AM »

Mike can people read this if they are not logged in the forum? Just thought I would have you verify that

Yus.
SAS1946's Bitch #65

Flanker27

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 05:47:31 AM »

cool

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 06:01:26 AM »

The easy answer would have been: Click the "LOGOUT" button on top and see yourself 8)

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

sniperton

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 01:42:01 AM »

A school example for survival bias.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 26 queries.