Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: vampire_pilot's campaign and mission WIP thread  (Read 8915 times)

Vampire_pilot

vampire_pilot's campaign and mission WIP thread
« on: January 18, 2020, 10:39:59 AM »

As most of you know, I am always tinkering about with some idea or another which often leads to new campaigns for everyone to enjoy (or ignore. That's up to you, totally)

Sometimes I am just mulling ideas or would like to bounce a few balls to get things going.
So I thought, maybe I could make a general thread about my WIP projects, and well, that's here.

So, what's up?
The finishing touches are being put on BAT 3.8, which will bring a lot of cool new stuff, not only but also for mission builders. The best way to test such a pack is by simply playing it, with a lot of diverse missions of every kind and build new ones. That's what I am doing, call it "the fun part".

Currently I am working on two major campaign conversions, mostly done and ready for BAT 3.8 when it's due.

I already converted old material from DixieCapt, his USMC and ACG campaigns. Now I complete the package by bringing his FEAF and OSS campaigns to BAT as well. I wanted to play them again and the conversion comes along the way.

The usual stuff needs work: maps, columns used, aircraft (some mods have become available now!), some loadouts....

Both campaigns are great stuff for pilots who actually like flying around!
Particularly the OSS campaign, which revolves around a clandestine squad, is mostly secret agent stuff of all kinds you can imagine. This is a true atmospheric pilot's campaign with some occasional attacking in between.

FEAF also entails a lot of "just flying". You will be crossing the Pacific with the B-17 in several legs. After that it is you flying every kind of crate during the battle of the Philippines. B-17, P-40, P-26, L-5....
It has its share of dogfighting too. If you don't know these campaigns from a previous iteration, I hope you'll enjoy them as I do.

Then there's some content of my own creation coming.

I have something in store which will incorporate loadout mods that will roll out with BAT 3.8.
Already finished is a good old gritty Luft46 campaign where you can put the Ta-183 against Mig-9 in the Caucasus. Mig-Alley with a twist if you like.

Right now I am working on a big Vietnam campaign, working title is "Thud Ridge"... You should be able to guess what this will be about ;)

This one is basically my test bed for the new JTW module.
But it was hard to find a suitable map for this project... the Vietnam-online map was eventually my choice, simply for reasonable mission durations and also for actually suitable ground side looks in the target area. There's a lot of detailed South Vietnam but ground around Hanoi was a bit neglected or the maps cover too small an area since the Thuds have to fly from Thailand. I have  built Korat AB into a corner, using some of Kurfürst's material.Currently I fight the occasional random tree sprouting on the runway... But that can't be helped once in a while. A game restart resets this, tree sprouts elsewhere. So maybe you want to play this with a very low forest setting.
Many thanks to Enry711 for invaluable help getting this show on the road. He is helping with testflying and ground templates.

Panter

Re: vampire_pilot's campaign and mission WIP thread
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 04:02:11 PM »

Wow ,thank you for these information  . It is lot of work and time. Thank you for this.  I am looking forward  for  converted campaigns. Good  Job

Odesláno z mého SM-A505FN pomocí Tapatalk

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 01:49:54 AM »

My version of Korat Royal Thai Airbase....

ecf111

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 07:53:20 AM »

This all sounds great and I look forward to the Thud Ridge campaign!

I don't know if they can be applied to the Vietnam online map, but may I suggest vpmedia's excellent SE Asia maps texture upgrades? I was kinda hoping they'd make into BAT someday, if it was ok with him.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,57906.0.html

Anyhow, thanks again for all your work!

Create.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 09:14:54 AM »

unfortunately the pack is not available to download anymore.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 12:30:50 PM »

a couple more screenies, Enry is the test pilot

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 02:54:54 PM »

Well vampire... or is it... VAMPYR?!?!?!?!?

Never ceases to amaze me.  Waiting impatiently.  Yeah... get to it!

;D
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »

If you ever wondered if it is possible to fly a P-51 with droptanks dry: I have just the mission for you coming up. In the Pacific bit I am working on you can earn yourself a Tokyo Pony Club badge if you manage to fly this mission without autopilot. It nets 210 minutes and an autopilot flight lands with 1% fuel remaining...  You can manage better, am I right?
I suppose any autopilot flight that engages enemy fighters will be toast on the home leg... Pick up work for the dumbos and subs en route.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 09:08:37 AM »

Chaco War is coming to BAT

remember Poltava's nice piece?

I've been doing some updating and tailoring to help make it compatible for BAT TGA. I've handed it over to Poltava now so he can make further upgrades. I am sure this will hit your BAT pretty soon!

Remember: many tubesights have been fixed 8)

Vampire_pilot

Re: Angel Wings WIP
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 09:59:17 AM »

Here's my new project.....  8)

Many missions, many skins, many maps.

Anyone who doesn't know Romain Hugault's comics, I think you miss out on something. Well, I musn't forget Yann for the setup and story.
I intend to cover all 6 volumes. All the maps and the aircraft are there. It needs a bit of writing for the story and I think I have found an angle to get this across without taking too many shortcuts.

The most interesting thing about this will be the great variety of aircraft and mission types involved. This will be something for people interested in doing some flying, not just instant dogfighting.

Ta183Huckebein

• FAC #17
  • Modder
  • aka "Raven"
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 03:59:31 PM »

As someone who's a massive fan of Hugault's work, I'm hyped for this one

Looking forward to flying it!

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 06:23:04 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 27 queries.