Battlefield - Airborne - Tactical (BAT) > BAT Missions and Campaigns

vampire_pilot's campaign and mission WIP thread

(1/7) > >>

SAS~vampire_pilot:
As most of you know, I am always tinkering about with some idea or another which often leads to new campaigns for everyone to enjoy (or ignore. That's up to you, totally)

Sometimes I am just mulling ideas or would like to bounce a few balls to get things going.
So I thought, maybe I could make a general thread about my WIP projects, and well, that's here.

So, what's up?
The finishing touches are being put on BAT 3.8, which will bring a lot of cool new stuff, not only but also for mission builders. The best way to test such a pack is by simply playing it, with a lot of diverse missions of every kind and build new ones. That's what I am doing, call it "the fun part".

Currently I am working on two major campaign conversions, mostly done and ready for BAT 3.8 when it's due.

I already converted old material from DixieCapt, his USMC and ACG campaigns. Now I complete the package by bringing his FEAF and OSS campaigns to BAT as well. I wanted to play them again and the conversion comes along the way.

The usual stuff needs work: maps, columns used, aircraft (some mods have become available now!), some loadouts....

Both campaigns are great stuff for pilots who actually like flying around!
Particularly the OSS campaign, which revolves around a clandestine squad, is mostly secret agent stuff of all kinds you can imagine. This is a true atmospheric pilot's campaign with some occasional attacking in between.

FEAF also entails a lot of "just flying". You will be crossing the Pacific with the B-17 in several legs. After that it is you flying every kind of crate during the battle of the Philippines. B-17, P-40, P-26, L-5....
It has its share of dogfighting too. If you don't know these campaigns from a previous iteration, I hope you'll enjoy them as I do.

Then there's some content of my own creation coming.

I have something in store which will incorporate loadout mods that will roll out with BAT 3.8.
Already finished is a good old gritty Luft46 campaign where you can put the Ta-183 against Mig-9 in the Caucasus. Mig-Alley with a twist if you like.

Right now I am working on a big Vietnam campaign, working title is "Thud Ridge"... You should be able to guess what this will be about ;)

This one is basically my test bed for the new JTW module.
But it was hard to find a suitable map for this project... the Vietnam-online map was eventually my choice, simply for reasonable mission durations and also for actually suitable ground side looks in the target area. There's a lot of detailed South Vietnam but ground around Hanoi was a bit neglected or the maps cover too small an area since the Thuds have to fly from Thailand. I have  built Korat AB into a corner, using some of Kurfürst's material.Currently I fight the occasional random tree sprouting on the runway... But that can't be helped once in a while. A game restart resets this, tree sprouts elsewhere. So maybe you want to play this with a very low forest setting.
Many thanks to Enry711 for invaluable help getting this show on the road. He is helping with testflying and ground templates.

Panter:
Wow ,thank you for these information  . It is lot of work and time. Thank you for this.  I am looking forward  for  converted campaigns. Good  Job

Odesláno z mého SM-A505FN pomocí Tapatalk

SAS~vampire_pilot:

My version of Korat Royal Thai Airbase....

ecf111:
This all sounds great and I look forward to the Thud Ridge campaign!

I don't know if they can be applied to the Vietnam online map, but may I suggest vpmedia's excellent SE Asia maps texture upgrades? I was kinda hoping they'd make into BAT someday, if it was ok with him.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,57906.0.html

Anyhow, thanks again for all your work!

SAS~vampire_pilot:
unfortunately the pack is not available to download anymore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version