Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Guinea/New Britain map Kokoda name fix  (Read 8358 times)

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
Re: New Guinea/New Britain map Kokoda name fix
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2020, 02:49:35 AM »

Greybeard
It looks like I may have solved the problem. So far I have only changed Salamaua airfield but the aircraft can spawn perfectly on the runway and not in the water.
I am working away from home at the moment and do not have access to my gaming PC so this is taking longer than it normally would.

Hello Greybeard
Not good news I'm afraid!
Despite spending many hours over the weekend on the NGNB maps, I am unable to resolve the takeoff spawn problems.
Only on Salamaua was a partial fix possible - simply by moving the Runway Arrow to its furthest extent on the airfield (to just before the seaward coastline) - this allowed one flight to spawn completely on the runway

On all the other runways including Gusap the spawn points were unchangeable, no matter how all the components were manipulated.
Mubo Airfield also lacks sufficient level ground for a working runway to be feasible - to fix this would require modification to mapH.
It seems the map designers did not fully test all the airfields before releasing the map - there may also be invisible plates that are affecting the geometry of the runways and spawn points.

I am of the opinion that the only solution would be to rebuild the affected airfields from scratch!

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2020, 05:31:52 PM »

Squashman,

thank you very much for all your efforts. I'm sorry that they didn't give wished result: modders know that this may happen.

So far I simply bypassed defective airfields (Gusap is OK, though, as I wrote to you previously) in my campaign; it's only one more exception to historical fidelity. Unavoidably, there are always many of them.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Mixx

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2020, 07:09:32 AM »

Guys, could you please provide the current version of the map. I would try to help you with map_H. Yes, and it would be nice to make the textures newer

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2020, 11:05:03 AM »

... please provide the current version of the map.
Thanks Mixx. I think you could extract by yourself from latest SFS files.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Sharkzz

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2020, 04:40:08 AM »

awesome greybeard thanks mate ! ... I had 4 uncles who all made it through the Kakoda campaign with the Aussie infantry and arty, and one uncle in the RAAF pacific. Also one of my uncles served with the US Army through the New Guinea all the way to Japan then as part of the occupation force after fighting/liaison as part of the cooperation group Australian/US armies Liaison group.
good work mate ~S
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2020, 05:43:02 AM »

You're welcome!

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2020, 06:04:34 AM »

Guys, could you please provide the current version of the map. I would try to help you with map_H. Yes, and it would be nice to make the textures newer

Download link for New Guinea New Britain - all map files

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j4ae2iz63f9y52r/ngnb_dt.7z/file

Mixx

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2020, 12:13:23 PM »

thanks Squashman
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 25 queries.