Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing some new missions/campaigns help  (Read 1105 times)

nickthegreek2017

Re: Installing some new missions/campaigns help
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 09:55:46 PM »

:D

You need a different set of "dlls". Just check the section that reads "HIGH DEFINITION DYNAMIC LINK LIBRARY - BATDLLS-01 OR BATDLLS-02?"
[/quote]

OK I downloaded DLLS-02; where do I 'unzip'/'install'/'copy n paste' the contents into?.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 03:22:54 AM »

Your main Il-2 BAT folder, ie: C:\Games\IL-2 BAT\
NG-HUD v3.5H | NG-MAP v3.1 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

nickthegreek2017

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 07:26:26 AM »

That's what I needed! I'm an 'old school' guy--back when all I needed to do was unzip a file into the main directory or one of the folders.

nickthegreek2017

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 12:49:47 AM »

Excellent! The various aircraft no longer look like freaks! All's well. Now I will see if I can use The DGEN to make some entertaining campaigns. I also deleted all my current and previous campaigns just in case some were DGEN--no loss given I keep getting cut to ribbons by the opposition.  ;)

I will check in again if I run into any difficulties with DGEN. You've been a great help Whistler.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 01:44:38 PM »

]thumbsup[
NG-HUD v3.5H | NG-MAP v3.1 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

nickthegreek2017

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2020, 10:52:59 PM »

]thumbsup[

OK, here's where things got complicated RE: DGEN;
 first I 'snipped away' the DGEN folder already in the game (IL2 1946/BAT 3.7.2) and stuck it in my thumb drive; I 'unzipped' the contents of the DGEN and the patch into the main IL2 1946 directory. I found a folder marked IL2 BAT with a subfolder marked DGEN in it. However, when I click on the folder all there is are photos of pilots.
I have never worked with DGEN at all before so now how do I generate missions/campaigns? I went to the normal 'pilot careers' tab and given my Luftwaffe fixation, all I found were the 'usual' campaigns.
Does the DGEN have it's own 'interface' that I have to work with to create campaigns?

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 01:35:53 AM »

What "DGEN" did you put in? Give us the link of what you did there.

You don't know much about Il-2 in general, right? DGEN is a feature that's been there since the beginning of the base game, 15 years ago. There is a section about it ("Dynamic Campaigns") in the game manual.

DGEN is a randomizer tool, creating missions from databases that exist inside the DGEN folder, organzing them to campaigns on its own. You cannot "create" anything with it, nor does it have an interface. It works behind the scenes.
You simply start and play a DGEN campaign in the game itself. The DGEN campaigns are the ones at the beginning of the campaign list, the static (scripted) ones are at the end of the list of available campaigns for each nation.
The interfaces of a DGEN campaign look a bit different: you get to selct planes for various segments upfront and get a detailed debriefing screen after each mission.
That's not so in static campaigns.

I have the feeling you are expecting something completely different that's not there....

nickthegreek2017

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2020, 10:33:40 AM »

All true but I've been playing this game since it first came out;
that being said I've always had problems adding mods, campaigns missions etc. Trying to add a new campaign has always been a problem as I usually didn't have the mod/version/module that was needed to make the game work, given I've lacked the internet speed, Processing Power and the hard drive space and RAM to take full advantage.  I simply have trouble with tech and terminology.

I must have confused DGEN with DCG another creation that caused me no end of confusion and frustration.

Anyway, from your response I presume DGEN allows me use campaigns I download (as opposed to DCG which, I vaguely recall allowed me to 'create' campaigns.)

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 11:53:15 AM »

Sorry, but this reply is.... difficult to deal with.

You have BAT. You only need the BAT DGEn pack. Get it in the WAW campaigns section.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61913.0.html

It is all you need.
All dynamic campaigns are included, you do NOT download any dynamic campaigns from any other site. What ever dynamic campaign you download anywhere else, these will NOT work. Not compatible.

You can however download static campaigns. They have nothing to do with DGEN, nothing at all. I suggest you only download BAT-compatible campaigns here on SAS.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,265.0.html

These are made for and compatible with BAT. Any other stuff from anywhere like M4T is most likely not compatible and from your answers here I do not think you can help yourself with that.

nickthegreek2017

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 03:48:33 PM »

Well I got the DGEN pack; I downloaded it and removed the original DGEN folder and I put the BAT-DGEN into my IL2 1946 main folder--The HE123 skins are even the CR42 folder; I started the game, Picked the WAW module and went into pilot careers and found the same old stuff.
I even dug up my old Forgotten Battles Gold Pack paper manual to see if there's anything in the DGEN there and there's nothing.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2020, 11:41:15 PM »

Il-2 1946 manual page 33. Pilot Career (dynamic mode)

All 765 campaigns in the DGEN pack have been customized to be compatible with. BAT. Hours of handywork. Sorry if this is still not enough.

Thre are dozens of static campaigns and hundreds of single missions for BAT here on SAS

nickthegreek2017

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2020, 03:13:07 PM »

Got DGEN working along with the Single Mission Package. Thank you to all who helped...and for those who didn't help at all...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 27 queries.