Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WW1 Abatros D Series- fuselage disappearing from view with trackir  (Read 1108 times)

Oscarmike999

As the title suggests when I look back with anything but a close FOV the rear of the plane except part of the tail goes missing!
 Not a huge problem,but I find the Albatros planes in DoF are some of the best rendered ,so I fly it the most.
As I like a wider FOV I notice this a lot.
 Is this a bug ,or can it be sorted....as many other planes do not do this ( some do I know) ,it would just look better if it didnt vanish.

Vampire_pilot

Re: WW1 Abatros D Series- fuselage disappearing from view with trackir
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 07:14:15 AM »

it's thing about the mod itself and the way the cockpit "head sphere" in Il-2 works in general.

Oscarmike999

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 09:25:17 AM »

Thanks for the reply, I have only recently got into DBW 1916 (had il2 in its many forms since 2003)....and I must say I am really liking it.
 The AI in RoF is terrible ,even with the mods (just a dive to the ground ,then endless circles and a crash!).
 The AI routines in DBW 1916 (il2 1946 in general) are far better, plus I like the varied maps and easy FMB.
    It seems a shame this mod is somewhat neglected (I know of DoF..this mod ported into BAT ),some planes such as the Albatros have had a resonable amount of love put into them ( and it shows) ,others not so! To the point where its hard to live with the graphics of the cockpits.
 I am not knocking anyone here, as its "free" and many hours have been put in to produce "sub-par" cockpits etc .
   I just wish many of these planes (especially the entente ones..N28 and a few others dont need it!!) were given a graphical makeover and look better from the inside.
 I find many if not all the planes look good from outside with some good skins,but get let down by the cockpits.
   If only I had the talent and knowhow to make some improvements myself,i happily would.
 Anyhow I think this is a rough diamond that really deserves some more polishing.
  Thanks to all the people that modded it as far as it is.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 12:31:01 AM »

I watched lot of ROF and BOS videos and their AI looks...medicated.

The DBW-1916 project ended when our only java coder left due to family issues.
The whole project (170+ planes in ~2 years) was made by only 4-5 modders, only one full time 3d guy who did not speak english.  :)
Most cockpits are just placeholders. Damage models are also unfinished and many flight models need adjustments. Finding professional volunteers for a ww1 project of 2006 sim is nearly imposssible. We could easily hire a 3d modeller and a coder to finish the project, but people in this community want everything for free.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 12:32:15 AM »

Btw DOF is not DBW-1916 ported into BAT.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 02:15:32 AM »

What he said.
I also remember the early day of DBW16 when basically all the biplanes where some Franken hacks of the U-2....

As usual, any modder looking into WW1 nowadays of course makes their own choice of whole aircraft. Nobody goes back to polish an old mod somebody else created long ago.

Oscarmike999

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 05:50:46 AM »

Thats a shame what you say about finding coders,but I get what you say about the difficulty of finding someone to put the hundreds of hours in that is needed without the cost.
 Oh well as I said I greatly appreciate what has been created....and if by some miracle I win big on the lottery or develop coding skills  I would gladly help.

As I have an interest in Great War aviation it would be nice to see some more WW1 themed sims......il2 AI in RoF could transform that game as the models are generally good,but thats for the modders in that game.......which also seems to have tailed off in pace.
  WW1 just doesnt get the following of WW2 ,and thats the reason I suppose!

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 08:01:49 PM »

BTW, the anomaly isn't exclusive to TrackIR. The rear fuselage, though not the empennage, will also come and go when you pan with the mouse. At least, that's what mine does. I normally use TrackIR, though; although the phenomenon is slightly distracting when scanning for bogeys, I tend to forget all about it in the heat of battle.  8)
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Oscarmike999

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 08:27:22 AM »

Got to live with it seems,not a major thing anyhow.
 I recently fired up RoF and am having some fun with it ...the AI mod helps somewhat,but I find some planes follow a better AI routine than others.
   So I am just picking the best AI opponents I can select and forgeting about the others.....its a compromise like everything I suppose!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 26 queries.