Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map of Milne Bay  (Read 3904 times)

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
Re: Map of Milne Bay
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2019, 11:44:04 AM »

for some time I have been trying to build my Vp installation again, so that the problems do not multiply I did not install the whole maps (Woodlark and Lost Islands) only borrowed textures from them but when you talk about your work on Woodlark Island it would be difficult not to agree and we can really see all your artistry 8) in this map and although there are many other your maps equally beautiful, to this and to Lost Islands I return very often.

@Gaston
I think so, maybe the textures alone are enough (or from Lost Islands) for me it worked.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Best regards,
Piotrek

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2019, 01:20:05 PM »

So, if I understand clearly, I should also download Woodlard Island map to have this one working ?

I'm not really sure what the solution was. I'd need some more info on what he did exactly. Perhaps it was put the load.ini from Woodlark Island into the not working maps, replacing their load.ini files.

But then if that is the case, then yes indeed, you will need to have the Woodlark load,ini file and also the Woodlark textures. So, then yes, you'll probably need the Woodlark island map in any case.

And besides, I think Woodlark is one on the better maps I've posted. It is the first one with airfields integrated into the other textures so that only the runway and dirt paths stand out.

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2019, 01:59:19 PM »

to put it more clearly, I borrowed from the map of Woodlark and Lost Island the "ag" folder with the path:
maps> _tex < ag > Woodlark
maps> _tex < ag > Isles

And besides, I think Woodlark is one on the better maps I've posted. It is the first one with airfields integrated into the other textures so that only the runway and dirt paths stand out.
that's what I wanted to write  :).

I'm sorry if I haven't explained enough what I mean.
Writing posts in English is still not easy for me :-X.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Best regards,
Piotrek

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2019, 03:41:18 AM »

Problem I mentioned is solved. Was totally my fault : I made a mistake installing the map... re-installed correctly, now, works perfectly !

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 02:40:38 AM »

Hello Agracier!
This maps looks really great, thank for your work!
However, i have some questions. Is this final version of the map? Because i meet strange issues. Roads are interrupted in many places, parts of it are not connected correct. Another thing - some towns are enlisted on the map, but they are not exist - no houses and other buildings. For example, you can look at Rabi village, which plays important role in Battle of Milne bay. In villages we have many strange large white boxes. Also, there is small port near airfield no.1, but this is too far from the coast... Maybe, all this things can be fixed in unlocked full mission builder.
Please look at screenshots:

Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 02:49:22 AM »

There will probably be an updated version for the map.

The roads being disconnected are probably due to heights on the map. It's always a difficult choice with roads in Il-2. Game generated roads are simply awful looking with the zig=zagging. I'll see about placing roads differently.

Could you give me more or less exact location of that inland harbor?

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 03:39:58 AM »

There will probably be an updated version for the map.
Its great, thank you!

Could you give me more or less exact location of that inland harbor?
Near strip no.1 and Rabi:

Also taxiing routes for AI can caused troubles, when AI planes crashes into buildings near runway, as you can see on second screenshot.
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.