Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Wings over 'Nam (Vietnam 1965-1973)  (Read 35828 times)

CDS_Raptor

• Modder
Re: Wings over 'Nam (Vietnam 1965-1973)
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2020, 03:28:53 PM »

I've made some progress in the last 2 days. University is taking its toll on my pace...
Nevertheless, i managed to make most of the preliminary work, and its already a fun mission to play.

Truly outstanding work. Amazing news to know that you also use these missions (or some of them) in multyplayer. We are doing the same MP tests with our TOAS MOD ... What version of the BAT are you using to fly online?

enry711

« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2020, 03:26:27 AM »

Thanks guys! Thank you for trying out my work! 
I'm almost out of this busy period, as soon as i'm out of it i'll restart my works.  :)

E27-RAPTOR i made all 1.4/1.5 missions and 1.6 missions available for multiplayer. I love the TOAS btw
We use standard B.A.T. v3.8.4, some guys with their internet ports open and Hyperlobby.
The guys with the ports open host, while us simply join his session on Hyperlobby

If you are interested we also have a Discord server to talk/play 8)
Check the post above for info. Everyone is welcome  ;)

enry711

« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2020, 02:50:52 PM »

Testing the multiplayer missions with Discord... 8)
Tonight we tested Operation Longsword and Mosquitos. Some things need to be addressed but testing is exactly about this.

enry711

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2020, 06:33:17 AM »

Hey guys, sorry for not being present in these months and to not have posted anything.
I just exited a very busy period, with university exams all over the place, holidays and continuous things to do.

I want to say that i am very grateful that so many of you downloaded and played my project and i'm so happy that lots and lots of you enjoyed my missions.

Right now i'm at home, and i will restart working on 1.7 finally. My last WIP mission is basically complete, i just need to finish some details and walkthrough. After that is done i will make the remaining 11.
In the meantime me and my online group (see link, post N.4 & 7: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,64628.0.html) have restarted to test the multiplayer missions. There's still a lot to test but i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
For the Discord invite write me in PM.

As usual, if you have some ideas that you'd like to see in 1.7 feel free to leave your REQUESTS.

I hope you've enjoyed your fantastic holidays  8)

enry711

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2020, 04:09:36 PM »

Ok guys here's the first, proper, status report in months.
I just managed to land on a carrier with the mighty F-8 Crusader, almost at night, in multiplayer.  8)

Me and my friend M4rd0k2 are testing intensely the MP missions and finally we are getting somewhere. 15 missions are ready to be played online, whereas some have encountered serious glitches (mostly helicopter-related ones) and i'm trying to figure out a solution.

Here's some nice screenshots of tonights session, right after i landed with the Crusader:

Geschirr

• "A plan is a list of things that won't happen."
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2020, 06:57:03 PM »

That's badness Enry, looks awesome!!
"If we don't know what we're doing, neither will the enemy."

enry711

« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2020, 12:54:34 PM »

Thank you so much Geschirre!

Finally the F-5 mission i began before the quarantine is done! The walkthrough is done and it plays really well. So much time is passed and so many things have changed...
Now i can start a fresh new one from scratch. I already have a couple of ideas that i want to realize.
Stay tuned.  ;)

Here's more screenshots from the multiplayer test sessions with my mate M4rd0k2.

enry711

« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2020, 04:04:29 PM »

Here's more news. The hard and sometimes frustrating job of testing continues...The first 2 screens are me and my friend M4rd0k2 trying out Danger Zone and Special Delivery.
Now 19 missions are ready to be played Online!
The remaining 21 still need to be tested, Fix bugs (mainly helicopters and visibiity between players), or just need minor corrections.

I started to test the new, post-quarantine, mission for 1.7. So far it runs quite well, especially because i have a clear idea of what to do.
I had this mission in my mind for a very long time now and it was going make it in 1.6 roster, but then i decided to skip it to 1.7 to make more room to other missions.
I took inspiration from an outstanding piece of art with the same VF-111 Phantom.  8)

Geschirr

• "A plan is a list of things that won't happen."
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2020, 07:10:11 PM »

Looks awesome Enry hope I can contribute to testing and breaking stuff. Can't wait for some carrier ops.
"If we don't know what we're doing, neither will the enemy."

enry711

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2020, 03:55:42 AM »

Thank you Geschirre! Now I'll be away from my PC until the 21st of September but I'm continuing the work on the last mission. As soon as I return we will play much more!
Several things need to be tested and I'll be very happy if you can help us. There will be plenty of carrier ops too.   ;)

Unfortunately I cannot post screenshots from here but trust me, the mission I'm working on is amongst my favourites. I also spent time on modifying an existing VF-111 skin with rainbow tail (made by _Harpia_Mafra55_) to a more conventional all-red tail. I changed the tail colours and all the numbers + I made a special variant just for me.  ;D

The older skin (visible In the last screenshot) was of lower quality and so I decided to replace it with my modification. Now the Sundowners F-4B is better to look at and beautiful to fly.  8)

j.vandeinsen

• Zet m pp witte muizen!
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2020, 02:15:21 PM »

Hey enry711

Just dropped in to let you know that i am enjoying your great campaign. It's a blast to fly good work and thank you for the effort!

enry711

« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2020, 11:23:05 AM »

Thank you j.vandeinsen! I'm so happy that you like my missions! There will we be plenty more coming.  ;)

So i finally got back to my PC (once more) and now i can finally post some screenshots of the brand new mission. Already amongst my personal top 5 favourite missions, the new mission produced some of the most spectacular screenshots i've ever made.  8) It's real fun and the new Sundowners skin really improves the view! AI works flawlessly and i'm so glad that i finally managed to realize what was, at least at the beginning of 2020, a rough idea to yet to test on FMB. From then onwards, i always wanted to realize it, and what a result!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 27 queries.