Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Wings over 'Nam (Vietnam 1965-1973)  (Read 35804 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: Wings over 'Nam (Vietnam 1965-1973)
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2021, 10:00:05 PM »

Nicely done mate! This is exactly what BAT was designed for, a true FMB Playground and you clearly know your way around it!

enry711

« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2021, 03:27:15 PM »

Guys thank you so much for all your support! I really appreciate it, it's the best thing that happened to me recently. ]hello2[
Thank you sgt.wingspan, Dimlee, E27-RAPTOR and SAS-Monty27.
Monty i'm honoured that you like my project. Thank you for everything.  ]wav[

I feel like i must apology to everyone for "disappearing" yet again...This time i had a health issue that kept me away from my workstation, and i'm still not a 100% as i write this very sentence. I'm terribly sorry for making you wait so damn long for this edition, but every time i gather a bit of momentum life comes at me and stops any progress...

The last mission is nearly done, requires some modifications and a bit more testing. As soon as i'm better i will finish it.
Then pack everything up and release it for good.

Andy H

« Reply #122 on: February 06, 2021, 03:56:52 PM »

I can't pay your work a higher compliment than to say It might just drag me kicking and screaming into the 1970's.  :)

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2021, 03:40:10 PM »

Downloaded no probs but am getting an error message when trying to open the rar file.  It says "....The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."
I've tried it a couple of times, downloaded again and tried but no joy.  Other .rar files open with no issue (i.e. all the BAT rar files were OK).  Am I missing something?  This is the first time I've seen this particular error message.

enry711

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2021, 02:58:50 AM »

Hi tomoose
Thanks in advance for giving a shot at my project.  ;)

Regarding this issue, it's not the first time i've heard of this rather strange error and i'm currently checking all the files to make sure there are no incompatibilities or strange problems with my game version. I also never experienced this issue before and, trust me, i am just as surprised as you are. I'll update this post as soon as i find the cause and the fix for it.
From the start i assume my missions do work on the latest patch. My friends tried them extensively and reported no problems at all with the new BAT. Maybe some missions need to be reworked or the .rar must be redone. I'll check.

By the way, to everyone who might have though about where was i or "When will this update be released?", this project is NOT DEAD but just paused currently due to other time-consuming matters. The good news is that 1.7 is basically done and ready.  8)

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2021, 05:54:01 AM »

No probs enry.  For what it's worth, the Malwarebytes scan shows the .rar file is OK.  A bit of a headscratcher.  ;)

Looking forward to giving this campaign a go as it seems to be a good, broad introduction to the jet era (in which I don't have a lot of experience).   :)

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2021, 03:32:42 PM »

Wings over 'Nam extraction issue solved.

enry711:  just FYI, I downloaded 7zip and used that to extract from your rar file and it worked with no issue.  My "built-in" Win 10 rar extractor for some reason didn't like the 'Nam rar file but when I googled the issue there were numerous responses which suggested using the 7zip app.  So it's a known problem and not just related to the 'Nam rar file.  I guess it's a 'version' issue.

So, all that to say.....good to go!!!  :)

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2021, 04:51:03 PM »

Oops, one other question...  Is the DavesEffects mod still required or is it now part of the latest BAT?
thanks again.

enry711

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2021, 11:22:16 PM »

Oh thank you very much tomoose! I was going mad trying to find the cause of this problem.  :)
Yes it can be a version issue with my Winrar. Next time I'll try to pack everything up with 7zip as well. Thanks again and sorry for the late reply.  ;)

Regarding Dave's effect: nope, it's not Included in BAT and technically, you can play my missions with whatever graphic mod you like or with the stock effects with no core problems. The missions will always work.
The reason I strongly suggest Dave's effects (apart from being a fantastic mod) is because I built most of my scenarios with the visual effects present in that mod, and without them, you might experience bad effects placements or bad performance.

(Ex:
With Dave's effects = Big fire + Big black smoke

Without Dave's effects = Tiny fire + Big grey smoke).

This radical change of visual effects is caused by the changes present inside the mod, that modify all effects in-game with new ones.
The only real reason why it's "required"/strongly suggested  is for compatibility and visual integrity of my missions. (Check the screenshots in the previous pages to see how a mission is supposed to look). This means that you are free to fly them with your stock BAT as well or even with other graphic mods, but I cannot guarantee visual integrity and quality will not be affected.  ;)

In any case and for further questions, feel free to ask! I hope you enjoy my project and flying in 'Nam! Please leave some feedback and have fun.  8)

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2021, 06:06:43 AM »

Hi enry711;
I flew the first 3 USAF missions.  Very cool.  A tiny but of stutter over the target with the Huey/Hue mission but that's probably my 'older' PC, LOL.
I also learned to be flexible on the route with the Air America mission.  The flak chewed me up big time on the first attempt LOL.

I know the map design is not related to your mission set but am wondering why the original map maker has the mini-map/map view in colours that almost make the rivers blend in with the land (i.e. brown land and lighter brown rivers).  I had to zoom out to understand I was looking at a river on the map at one point.  It's a slight navigation distraction however, your missions so far are a good combination of challenge vs enjoyment.   Well done.  BZ.

enry711

« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2021, 09:00:37 AM »

1.7 Wings over 'Nam is out!

+20 New missions
+ 20 New Walkthroughs
+ 40 Multiplayer missions
and more...

RAMPAGE1986

« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2021, 04:38:09 PM »

A M A Z I N G.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 26 queries.