Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: VR in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 / BAT works! OMG! Meaning of life found!  (Read 8862 times)

Drewm3i

Re: VR in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 / BAT works! OMG! Meaning of life found!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2021, 07:06:12 PM »

I am running that conf.ini. While the game looks good and the frame rate is great, I still get a very uncomfortable feeling when turning my head. It's like everything is out of focus. It also feels cross-eyed. Could it be my nvidia settings? I also tried in y-pack and it was the same.

Drewm3i

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2021, 07:07:48 PM »

Would I have better luck with virtual desktop?

Kraut1

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2021, 02:21:00 AM »

Would I have better luck with virtual desktop?
Virtual desktop I tested before VorpX. I was not able to run II2 in a window mode as it has been suggested in a video manual so I used it only in something like a cinema mode. But I am not an expert with this software.
Concerning 1946 and VorpX: after some tests in this week I found out that the head tracking is much more smoother when I combine VorpX tracking with Opentrack. I will publish a set of all settings / configurations.
another hint for testing: be aware that there are 2 gun sight modes in 1946: 1 mode sitting straight in the center of your seat/cockpit with increased movement possible and another mode with your head closer, centered behind the gun sight. In this mode movement is a bit restricted.
If you feel uncomfortable when looking forward you should dim your gun sight and you can try to move your head a bit closer to the sight.
Concerning game version for testing I would use at first 4.12.2m and when you have working VorpX settings I suggest to install a mod like BAT, because for example dome cockpits (e.g. FW190) are much more detailed and better for VR.
-use planes without additional gunners for testing, be ause each time a gunner fires there is a flickering on the screen.

Kraut1

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2021, 09:39:33 AM »

I am running that conf.ini. While the game looks good and the frame rate is great, I still get a very uncomfortable feeling when turning my head. It's like everything is out of focus. It also feels cross-eyed. Could it be my nvidia settings? I also tried in y-pack and it was the same.
Here my settings:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/69192-for-rift-s-il2_1946_bat-v385_vorpx_opentrack_logitech-x52_settings_v01/

b9flyer

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2021, 09:25:37 AM »

After fighting my way through Vorpx set up on my Oculus Quest 2, and working my way through all the other apps related - I can now say I've succeeded with IL-2 BAT without any issues. The only gripes I have are struggling to get sound on Quest, looking at the map which is tucked out of my line of sight and the helpful red speed indicator at bottom left. Apart from that, all is good.

Many thanks UberDemon for highlighting what can be done with VR. The detail of the cockpits is truly amazing.
Landing's easy - surviving it, well that's harder
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 23 queries.