Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Question (12/3/19)  (Read 138 times)

andoodle

One Question (12/3/19)
« on: December 03, 2019, 12:35:28 AM »

Pardon me, everyone.

I have one question for tonight. Is there a chance that I would be able to play custom music while in-flight in the IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles series (which began with "Battle of Stalingrad")? The reason is because I would like to play some songs such as "Ave Verum Corpus" by Mozart.

I am sorry for asking such a ridiculous question, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest. With that in mind, I wish to know. Thank you for your time.

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
Re: One Question (12/3/19)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 02:56:13 AM »

Hi,

Not a ridiculous question at all. in fact, if anything it's the answer that is ridiculous  :P

Yes, you can add custom music in GB. You have to add it via the mission editor, which means you need to learn enough of it's complexity to be able to do what you want. You will have to add each song/file you want to play and set up the logic for playing it. There is not a simple 'play all the files in this folder' option. You could add the logic to play the files randomly if you wanted and you can trigger the playing of the files by events (e.g. takeoff). You will then need to edit every mission you want to fly, in the same way (there is no easy copy/past into the next .mis file, you will have to set up up all the file links specific to each mission). When a media file is playing during a mission, some functionality is lost whilst it is playing (e.g. time compress).

Instructions here (search for media file) https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/92-mission-making-and-mission-editor/

Alternatively, set up winamp or another media player on your desktop and start it before starting GB. You won't get music tied to game events but you will get music, played at random (if you want) and you can use the time you saved on flying.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

M

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 26 queries.