Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battlefront! v2.0 (Moving Infantry from HSFX Simplified)  (Read 2130 times)

whistler

• Modder
Re: Battlefront! v1.0 (Moving Infantry from HSFX Simplified)
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 04:15:30 AM »

CY6's Vietnam infantry mod is ready to go in vpmedia's JETWAR add-on for VP-Modpack. Super! I love the us/viet models! The mod comes with lots of different units and it is highly recommended. The guy with the bazooka is way cool.

Back to Battlefront! I managed to get rid of tracers. All of them. Let's leave tracers for a "Jedi Order vs Imperial Troops" mod :P. I will create a new java slot to avoid conflicts with other mods.

I will also get rid of the short burst fire of the entrenched guys so that everyone fights under fare conditions. I am sure you have plenty of extra artillery objects you can add should you need more fire power.

I haven't be able to get rid of explosions, fires and smoke, and I am not sure I want to go that route. Removing havoc will defeat the purpose of the mod, in my opinion. In the end, we would have little guys you can hardly see do anything, eating precious resources.

Cheers!
NG-HUD v3.5H | NG-MAP v3.1 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

whistler

• Modder
Re: Battlefront! v2.0
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 05:55:04 AM »

BATTLEFRONT! v2.0

Find download links in the first post.

What's new in v2.0

- Gun tracers removed (unrealistic)
- Marching sound removed (pointless)
- Two different gun sounds for best battle feeling (in exchange of the Marching sound)
- Max firing range is 400m for all actors
- Java changes here and there for better compatibility with other infantry mods

Goals complete. I am perfectly happy with the mod and I won't be updating it anymore (unless someone fixes or improves something).

Cheers!
NG-HUD v3.5H | NG-MAP v3.1 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

vonOben

• Modder
  • Wer den Tod f├╝rchtet, hat das Leben verloren.
    • vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
Re: Battlefront! v2.0 (Moving Infantry from HSFX Simplified)
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2019, 08:37:03 AM »

Excellent idea whistler!

Many thanks  :)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 11:29:16 PM »

Installed faultlessly into my 4.12 CUP thanks whistler
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, Gainward windforce OC GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD, LG M Disc DVD rewriter, Windows 10 64bit.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Keep calm and carry on
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 04:36:37 PM »

This will be a very welcome addition to BAT. I have been missing these little fellas shooting the living bejeezus out of each other!
My aim: to build campaigns for Mods! You can find them here: http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=search&sa=740

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2020, 12:08:09 PM »

Some considerations for mission builders.

You are dealing with tanks in disguise. That FMB image in the first post (soldier icons)? You are actually looking at a 32 vs 32 tank fight. Infantry, just like tanks, have an unavoidable (?) rendering distance of 10km.

The mod must be used "economically" in missions to get good frame rates. If you (mission builder) have hundreds of objects and lots of AI and then you add infantry like there is no tomorrow only because the idea sounds cool the mission can "overflow" easily. You probably won't be able to speed time up. There must be a good justification for having the guys fighting somewhere. You are not adding a mindless trio of soldiers, you are adding an AI-controlled tank for each unit!

And remember, these guys always play their game on minefields (explosions), and although you cannot see it, each unit carries a mortar on their back (more explosions) :D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 26 queries.