Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Horse Transport columns for all eras except JTW  (Read 1254 times)

cbradbury

Horse Transport columns for all eras except JTW
« on: November 13, 2019, 06:50:13 AM »

Further to my horse transport columns for DOF, please find horses for all eras except JTW below. A different approach this time, which does involve you doing some editing to chief.ini. However you can simply repeat the process on any BAT updates which change chief.ini. It also means that if you are already using a modded chief.ini (if you have added additional ships or aircraft, for instance) you should be able to install the horse units with no problems. I have included instructions.

The TGA and WAW columns have an additional packhorse unit – one German – two Russian (one with khaki trousers for the riders, one with blue). The latter might be considered generic as you can use the two different types in one mission to represent each side e.g. Spanish Civil War or China/Manchuria where the German packhorse would look strange.

If you have any problems with the installation please let me know.

Yours,

Clive

Packhorse unit:

Download link (updated 14/11/19):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5z5u85gwm9kbe74/il2_Horse_Transport_BAT.rar/file

Vampire_pilot

Re: Horse Transport columns for all eras except JTW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 08:54:15 AM »

hm, good, but you did see that there is massive cavalry and horse content already available in "vehicles"?
Poltava did a lot of work on the chiefs for 3.7.

If you do it this way, you end up with horse stuff all over the place.

cbradbury

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 08:57:36 AM »

I know, vampire pilot. I just did it this way to make it easier to add the columns to chief.ini without affecting other parts of the file. Also, I felt that the vehicles list was getting very long with my horse columns, and that a separate section would alleviate that problem.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 09:19:26 AM »

okay then, the more the merrier :)

PS: I realised that when moving existing columns to another section, this will break backwards mission compatibility, so reorganisation of former "vehicle" chiefs into another section is out of the question for BAT.

But adding a horse section and then not having all horse content there makes not much sense. Just saying.
This makes only sense as vehicles to me.

Dimlee

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 10:21:51 AM »

Unless I miss something, there are no horsedrawn transport columns yet in BAT. The maximum number is 4 x Horse Artillery unit.
So this new addition is very welcome. WWII logistics is more complete now, thanks to cbradbury  :)

cbradbury

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 11:10:01 PM »

Vampire, your point re mission compatibility did not occur to me as I mostly only fly missions I have designed myself. Given that, it does make sense to include the horse columns with the other vehicles in FMB. First post and download instructions in the file amended accordingly.

Yours,

Clive
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 27 queries.