Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can CoDBlitz Be Modded?  (Read 1509 times)

NavyAce

Can CoDBlitz Be Modded?
« on: October 28, 2019, 10:22:57 AM »

Hello,

As one who has spent several years playing Il-46 and modding it so I can build my own missions, I'd like to know if CoDBlitz can also be modded by adding aircraft, maps, ships like the standard Il-2 and Il-46 and if so where can I find the files? The reason I ask is that although I realize the game is about the Battle of Britain and its immediate aftermath I would like to use the superior graphics to play against Japan rather than Germany or Italy, especially pitting the CoDBlitz Spitfire and Hurricane against a Zero or Oscar. I wouldn't even need another map as I could fight over water where the terrain would be irrelevant. I'd also like to do a Beaufighter strike mission against enemy warships, but the current library does not have many ship options. Any information anyone can supply would be greatly appreciated.

NavyAce

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
Re: Can CoDBlitz Be Modded?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 04:59:33 PM »

Hello Navy

Sadly, CoD Blitz is not as mature as our beloved IL2 1946, but an excellent sim nevertheless.
There are a few low-key mods available, but nothing near the scale of IL2 46.

We are all eagerly awaiting the Team Fusion update in the form of CoD Desert Warfare v5.0.

Japan? If only!

You may find these forums helpful

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/121-updates/

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=122

I assume you are aware of the Full Mission Builder in CoD (similar to the one in IL2 1946). If not, it is accessed via the Main Menu; choose "Extras", then "Mission Builder" and you will find a screen somewhat similar to the FMB in IL21946.

Here you can map out missions in a similar fashion to the way it is done in IL2 1946.

Also, if you enjoy  superior graphics, I recommend IL2 Great Battles
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/

best regards
Squash

NavyAce

Re: Can CoDBlitz Be Modded?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 04:25:16 PM »

Hi Squashman,

Thanks for the quick reply and the information. I have in fact played around with the FMB in CoDBlitz as I wanted to do a startup take off circuit and landing mission since there wasn't one in any of the quick mission choices. It works except in spite of placing the first WP at the head of the runway the screen loads with the aircraft in a hangar. If I run the mission in autopilot it actually starts there (not very realistic!) and follows the circular taxiway all the way around the field to get to the takeoff WP. Very strange. And since there are no stationary planes in the library that I can find I can't construct a taxi to takeoff option as I can in Il-46. Anyway I'll keep fussing with CoDBlitz when not busy with IL-46, where I'm currently busy finishing a current mission with the F8F Bearcat.

Thanks again for your kind consideration and advice.

NavyAce

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 25 queries.