Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UNABLE TO CLOSE GAME - ERROR MESSAGE  (Read 723 times)

MJJWalsh

UNABLE TO CLOSE GAME - ERROR MESSAGE
« on: October 24, 2019, 06:35:05 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Since the last update I've had problems closing the game.  When I exit to desktop the game is minimised, and I get the following message in a box: 'Config error found. Saved to CFGPool.log'.  There is an 'OK' button but clicking on that does not make the box disappear or close the game.  I have to go to Task Manager to close IL2 BOS down. 

When I go to CFGPool I find the following error log:

luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botpilot_ju88.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay
luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botgunner_ju88fwd.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay
luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botgunner_ju88top.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay
luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botgunner_ju88btm.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay
luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botpilot_p39.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay
luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botpilot_bf109.txt: Invalid arguments number (1 instead of 2) of var: ejectdelay

That seems simple enough, so then when I go to Luascripts/worldobjects/bots/botpilot_ju88.txt and I find the following entry:
 'EjectDelay=1.0      //   Delay from Eject button press to detaching from plane (sec)'. 

For the other 5 I find a variety of numbers, but none of them '2'.  So I amend the entries to read '2', but it makes no difference and I still get the error message flashing up.

I'd be grateful for your ideas.

Mike
  -

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
Re: UNABLE TO CLOSE GAME - ERROR MESSAGE
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 06:57:27 AM »

It's not the variety of numbers that's wrong, it's the fact that you've got just one such entry at all.
But to start with, the files in the "LuaScripts/WorldObjects" tree don't exist in an unmodded BoS, they're inside GTP archives only.
Anyway...
The correct eject properties of "botpilot_ju88" would start like this:
Code: [Select]
//// Eject properties ////

EjectDelay=3.0, 0.001 // Delay from Eject button press to detaching from plane (sec), power of bot moving function to eject pos (0.001 - instantly)
EjectDelay=0.1, 0.001 // Eject delay for case of negative G ejection

If yours don't then this might indicate that you have modded your game based on outdated GTP file versions.

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

MJJWalsh

Re: UNABLE TO CLOSE GAME - ERROR MESSAGE
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 01:06:52 PM »

Thanks Mike,

Having disabled various Mods it seems that the 'Pilot in the Cockpit' Mod is the culprit - presumably a clash with the more detailed pilot ejection mechanism that's been introduced.  Odd no one else seems to have noticed/reported it.  I'll checkout any recent updates and re-download in case mine's corrupt.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 26 queries.