Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it me, or is the fast forward function broken?  (Read 190 times)

Venator77

• Missioneer
Is it me, or is the fast forward function broken?
« on: October 18, 2019, 03:49:17 PM »

Been playing some single player missions as I just got this game. The fast time function doesn't seem to be working. How to fix?

sniperton

Re: Is it me, or is the fast forward function broken?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 04:36:38 PM »

It's a performance measure introduced nearly one year ago. When the game detects the processor can't perform as many cycles as needed for 2X or 4X or 8X operation, it "throttles down" events so that they can be processed without quality loss. No matter what you set and what is displayed, the game will run at a speed which is the maximum possible speed hardware-wise. Sometimes 4X is possible, most of the time only 2X, and in particularly resource-heavy scenarios 1X is the maximum you can get. Dull as it is, you can finally experience the boredom of long missions.  ;)

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 05:52:36 PM »

Actually mine is doing the same thing but before the last update it used to move time faster.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Venator77

• Missioneer
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »

It's a performance measure introduced nearly one year ago. When the game detects the processor can't perform as many cycles as needed for 2X or 4X or 8X operation, it "throttles down" events so that they can be processed without quality loss. No matter what you set and what is displayed, the game will run at a speed which is the maximum possible speed hardware-wise. Sometimes 4X is possible, most of the time only 2X, and in particularly resource-heavy scenarios 1X is the maximum you can get. Dull as it is, you can finally experience the boredom of long missions.  ;)

Damn it.

sniperton

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 03:03:11 AM »

Mike could explain it much better, but it's basically because the AI always uses the same complex flight model as human players, which is very demanding on the CPU. Sometimes the game even struggles with keeping up 1X speed. The more complex flight models come to play, the more demanding the game becomes on hardware.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 26 queries.