Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replicating Chernobyl / Prypiat  (Read 8102 times)

Flanker27

Re: Replicating Chernobyl / Prypiat
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2019, 06:39:18 AM »

Great job on the Steel Yard array, its almost perfect

Clint Watters

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2020, 02:01:57 PM »

The video is finally done, I've had a lot of trouble finishing it but in the end I did it.
I hope you guys like it  :P
Cheers!

Shessi

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2020, 04:02:18 AM »

Hi Clint,
Absolutely brilliant video, stunning......beautiful....

What can I say.  I love the overall grainy, washed out, dystopian effect.  The story line, music and visual effects inspired choices.  It shows off IL-2 ac modelling and your scenery to it's best.  I bet not many non-simmers would realise that's nearly a 20 year old flight sim 'game'.

Either you're a video master or spent huge amounts of time to get the production value that high, reminds me of some of the best anime films out there.

Your Pripyat/Chernobyl scenery is oustanding, I look forward to seeing in the sim myself.

Apologies for going on, but there there are times when I'm blown away by peoples skill. Thank you and congratulations on the scenery and video.

Cheers

Shessi

Clint Watters

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2020, 06:42:14 AM »

Hi Clint,
Absolutely brilliant video, stunning......beautiful....

What can I say.  I love the overall grainy, washed out, dystopian effect.  The story line, music and visual effects inspired choices.  It shows off IL-2 ac modelling and your scenery to it's best.  I bet not many non-simmers would realise that's nearly a 20 year old flight sim 'game'.

Either you're a video master or spent huge amounts of time to get the production value that high, reminds me of some of the best anime films out there.

Your Pripyat/Chernobyl scenery is oustanding, I look forward to seeing in the sim myself.

Apologies for going on, but there there are times when I'm blown away by peoples skill. Thank you and congratulations on the scenery and video.

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Shessi !

Wow thanks a lot man!
Yes! Your description of my video is perfect ! The "distopian" feel for me is exactly what I had in mind for this video. A bit of 1984 George Orwell vibe mixed with USSR 80's army.
I've been influenced by Portishead a lot, I love their dark vibes, HBO miniserie "Chernobyl" also helped (The first ambient song in the video is form the serie).

All and all I guess I'm a big fan of dystopian stuff and I wanted to make IL-2 feel this way in at least in one of my videos.

I've been making videos for a long time now and I'm starting to get the hang of it, I use songs and picture images in my head while listening.
Using Premiere Pro, I add an overlay on top of the clips that change the color/contrast and I make it look better. The rest is a bit of improvisation and luck.
I also try to have a big attention of detail when editing, everything has got to fit in place. It's time consuming but in the end I like feeling good about something I've created, no regrets afterwards  ;D

I don't know if the stuff I created will be included in future updates, maybe it will but I wouldn't even know where to start if I wanted this to be included in the game.
I must add that anybody could do it in the FMB. Takes some time to find the objects but once you have them on the map you can copy/paste and the process goes fast.

Anyway, I really appreciated your comment thanks again!

Cheers !

Shessi

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2020, 06:41:20 AM »

Hi Clint,
Yes, Portishead are good and fits this exactly, modern and dystopian..ha ha.

And yes 'Chernobyl' was a good series wasn't it.

I've watched your vid a couple of times and really do like it.  Maybe the Sukhoi 17 Fitter D (?) interception section is a little too long or repeated too much?  And it is a shame that the IL-2 damage physics model is not more realistic, as the B52 just wouldn't break up immediately like that (nothing you can do about that!), just a couple of thoughts..no real critism.

And did the Russians have QR runways like that, taking off close to hangars etc?...brave if they did..

Regarding your scenery, please it's a must to get it into the sim...PM Storebror and he will guide you I'm sure...it so good it must!

Cheers

Shessi

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2020, 06:02:03 AM »

That is a superbly crafted film Clint, very atmospheric, I love that grainy feel to things, thank you very much, really appreciated. 8)

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

DarkBlueBoy

• Supporter
  • Learning slowly...
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2020, 12:49:58 PM »

Clint. You are a legend! Awesome vid. Thank you so much!!  :) :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 25 queries.