Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Il-2 1946 Steam not starting at all, no splash, no logs  (Read 856 times)

bio138

Il-2 1946 Steam not starting at all, no splash, no logs
« on: October 12, 2019, 01:12:05 AM »

I previously installed this game on windows 10 (around 2016) and it ran perfectly fine.
The game wont launch through steam or the exe in 4.13.4 OR 4.12.2 (Which I am trying to go to)

Game is vanilla, no logs are generated.
Game doesn't throw a splash screen or anything.
This is the same hardware as in 2016 however over a clean install of Windows, there isn't any residual data from the old install.

Any ideas?

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog

bio138

Re: Il-2 1946 Steam not starting at all, no splash, no logs
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 12:32:01 PM »

My game doesn't launch at all, I can't get to a main menu or a loading screen. Not even a splash screen occurs when I start the game through steam or the executable in games base directory. The Il-2 1946 process only appears in my task manager for a brief nano second before crashing/closing itself.

My Il-2 1946 is installed off of my C: drive.
I have no mods in my Il-2 1946.
I did try the fixes listed on that post however, unfortunately both my conf.ini and settings.ini under /Users/doe was not set to read only.

Thanks for the guess though, not sure if you have any others handy.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 12:35:53 AM »

If an untouched (i.e. never modded) IL-2 game doesn't want to start, it's usually due to a wrong screen resolution set in conf.ini.
Check the conf.ini file in your game folder and make sure that in the [window] section on top, "width" and "height" match your screen dimensions, "ChangeScreenRes" is set to "0" and "FullScreen" is set to "1".
Once that's checked, make sure that "Desktop scaling" isn't active on your PC / for IL-2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,59691.msg657572.html#msg657572

If all these things don't help, you might want to install SAS Modact on top, update the Selector to it's last version and use the Startup Debugger functionality of the Selector to get a better clue of what's happening.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

bio138

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 10:20:31 AM »

You know I always forget that this game runs remotely on java for some reason.

Followed your instructions to begin debugging...

Code: [Select]
picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS_ -Xmx12G
--INVALID HEAP SIZE

If anyone else is having this issue as well, you may or may have _JAVA_OPTIONS_ in your environmental variables left over from minecraft mods a java college project.

Thanks SAS~Storebror and western0221 for helping me solve this self caused issue!

On a side note...anyone know of a bridge I can throw myself over?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 25 queries.