Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultrapack 3.3 "Bigfoot" Discussion, Talks, Feedback  (Read 12120 times)

Ta183Huckebein

• FAC #17
  • Modder
  • aka "Raven"
Re: Ultrapack 3.3 "Bigfoot" Discussion, Talks, Feedback
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »

Got the new patch to 3.3 up, I like it so far

However, this might just be me, but I noticed a slight drop in FPS performance. It wasn't overall, but it seemed like my framerates are stuttering a bit more since I installed the patch. Nothing unplayable, mind you, but enough that it's perceivable.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 10:48:43 PM »

Any particular mission / plane / map where this happened to you?
Did you check your logfile?
We need precise descriptions, reproducible conditions in order to verify such claims.
Otherwise it's just chit-chat.

Stuttering can have thousands of reasons.
The same mission played for the first time can cause spawn stutters when objects are loaded for the very first time, when playing the same mission a second time runs smooth as silk.
Excessive log output from conflicting mods in the past dropped your frame rates to single digits, hence was immediately noticeable. Nowadays, with the new "piped" logging, all you'll notice is a bit of stuttering every now and then.

General speaking, there should be no FPS impact from Ultrapack 3.3 at all.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 02:05:49 AM »

Following up to my previous reply:

We know that such issues like FPS drops etc. can happen with *cough cough* "not that well crafted" mods and we know that certain modders or groups of modders out there prefer quantity over quality and rush out stuff prematurely in a "try and error" manner, but: We know what we're doing, and we take performance considerations very serious.
And since we do, and as I always say "we do listen", I've put that framerate/stuttering complaint to a test and here is the result.

The ultimate FPS test in IL-2 1946 is playing back the track "The Black Death" which ships with the Stock game. It holds all kind of stuff that can cause performance issues: Lots of objects, many effects and smoke, water, coastline and quite some planes in the air.
The test has been performed on a PC with a pretty weak graphics card (Nvidia GT 740), which shows graphics related issues much faster that on high end GPUs. That's why the overall framerate is rather low. A contemporary card like an Nvidia 970 / 1060 / 2060 would run the whole track at an average of 120FPS easily and it would never ever fall below 90FPS.
The CPU though is quite performant, an i7-7700K @ 4.5 GHz - weak CPUs would cap the FPS at levels where frame spikes would become invisible.

This is the result of playing "The Black Death" at normal speed in Ultrapack 3.2 Patch 5 (blue) vs. Ultrapack 3.3 Bigfoot Patch 1 (red):

And to make matters worse, the utmost thing you can do to see whether some performance issues exist in your game is to run the track at maximum (8x) speed.
Here it is, Ultrapack 3.2 Patch 5 (blue) vs. Ultrapack 3.3 Bigfoot Patch 1 (red):

The results are identical to such an extent that we consider it safe to say that performance issues in Ultrapack 3.3 Bigfoot just don't exist.

]cheers[
Mike

BalDaddy

• Old Scroat
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 03:47:35 AM »

I use a rig that is probably older than a number of members here with a GT260 card! Not noticed any FPS issues other than normal for my old spud.
The only thing that happened to me so far trying out all the new kites was a game freeze when generating a flight with an early Lysander model.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2019, 06:54:25 AM »

Yep that's confirmed, the Lysanders have a code glitch causing a Stack Overflow. Will be fixed in Patch 2.

]cheers[
Mike

macgiver

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 04:44:06 PM »

I have done new installation of 3.3 and I've noticed that the sound of Browning .50 is very different. Is that on purpose? in the "read me" I have not seen any mention of this change.

Ta183Huckebein

• FAC #17
  • Modder
  • aka "Raven"
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2019, 04:47:56 PM »

Stutters in framerate occurred early on as I was playing, but the framerate smoothed as I was messing around with the new aircraft in the QMB. The most notable instances happened as I was rotating aircraft around in the QMB loadout screen, where there would be times that the plane seemed to be "skipping" between positions as it rotated around.

In game, there was some here and there, but, as previously stated, it seemed to subside the longer I played, which means that stutters I noticed might have had a bit to do with my own rig.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2019, 11:11:41 PM »

the sound of Browning .50 is very different
Indeed new cal .50 sounds are part of the Ultrapack 3.3 fileset.
That wasn't on purpose, they slipped through with one of the new planes we've added.
The old sounds will be reintroduced with Patch 2.

]cheers[
Mike

BalDaddy

• Old Scroat
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2019, 03:53:06 AM »

We noticed the change in note when firing the .50s from a Hawk....seemed to kick in when ammo is nearly exhausted. With thought this was a deliberate and useful indication of ammo state!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2019, 09:18:03 AM »

Patch 2 has been released, including fixes for all reported issues so far:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,62392.msg686623.html#msg686623

]cheers[
Mike

hello

• aka Aufpassen! aka Alfie!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 11:43:39 AM »

Lieber Herr Storebror,
Danke sehr!

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 01:33:24 AM »

Wünderbarrr,

Mike, vielen herzlichen Dank.

]cheers[

Gerhard  :)

FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 26 queries.