Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few bugs I've come across  (Read 288 times)

TheIdiot

A few bugs I've come across
« on: September 17, 2019, 03:26:51 PM »

Really having fun with BAT (though still can't play large missions due to lag and memory maxing out). Now that I've got a fair bit of flying time on all fronts, I would like to report the few bugs I've discovered thusfar in WAW BAT 3.7.2:

1 - MiG-3 and all variants don't have markings, which is odd considering I seem to recall it having them available in older versions.

2 - Summer Smolensk map has its default environment set to DESERT rather than SUMMER, which causes planes to have their desert filters and tropical paint schemes.

3 - The aforementioned ugly trees are still present (I have posted what I think might be the solution here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61404.0.html )

4 - Ju 87 bomb arm JSGME mod just doesn't work at all. If I turn it on, the game crashes whenever I put a Stuka in a mission, and can also cause crashes when other planes load bombs.

5 - One of the bomb + rocket loadouts on the IL-2s (can't remember which one specifically) doesn't appear to actually load any bombs, or at least they aren't visible on the plane when it seems they should be visible on the external bomb racks. You also can't seem to drop any bombs with this loadout selected.

6 - Some of the IJN carriers are unable to fire at planes approaching them from the bow or stern...I was actually able to land on an enemy carrier in the middle of a raid and take off again due to this, despite the rest of my squadron being killed by the carrier's flak.

7 - There are a few planes which have an ! in front of their name when selecting them, regardless of their name in the language files. Examples would be the Ju 87s with the extra armour on the windshield.

8 - When the Alternative Pilots mod is enabled, Bf 109 pilots don't accept custom skins. Only the face can be changed.

9 - Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind/Ostwind seems to have too much armour - the cannons on a Tempest can't damage it whatsoever, despite the thin armour of the turret, even when firing directly from the side or into the open top of the turret.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
Re: A few bugs I've come across
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 07:26:37 AM »

Isnt '!' just to indicate the aircraft is AI only??
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, Gainward windforce OC GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD, LG M Disc DVD rewriter, Windows 10 64bit.

TheIdiot

Re: A few bugs I've come across
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 12:03:44 AM »

Isnt '!' just to indicate the aircraft is AI only??
I'm not too sure, I haven't tried flying them. Still, I'd prefer the option to remove the "!" from the names via the properties files rather than have it forced in there - makes the aircraft list look a lot cleaner (reason why - I've been completely re-doing the plane.properties file for more accurate nomenclature, consistency and removal of redundant manufacturer names - ex. "Mdtt Bf109E4" -> "Bf 109E-4" or "Junkers Ju87D-3" -> "Ju 87D-3 Stuka", that kind of thing).

Having played some more, I've discovered a couple of additional bugs:

1. The WW2-era RCAF pilots use Australian voices - they should probably be using the American voices instead. Seems kind of odd when Canadians are calling out "This is Wombat One!" ;D

2. There is a very thin visible mesh gap between the exhaust and wing joint on the Bf 109F-2, F-4 and F-4 limited ata variant. Not sure if this applies to the other Bf 109 models as well.

3. The chevron on Luftwaffe squadron leader fighters is always black no matter what colour the flight is.

4. At least one IJN carrier model (I'm not sure which one, but it's in the "Midway Red 2" QMB mission) has two different flags overlapping, with a static one as well as an animated one colliding.

Lastly, I tried replacing all of the tree models with ones from the FB .sfs files in an attempt to get rid of the ugly tree mesh bug. This didn't work, although it seems to have eliminated the error where Tree2.sim was coming up as a "mesh with no collision" in the log. Very strange...I'm determined to get this fixed as it's the one major immersion breaker I've noticed while playing BAT.

Also, I'm just wondering whether BAT includes Guncam Tracers by default?
I've generated a new bug by removing the Guncam Tracer mod I had installed and replacing it with another tracer mod, which has resulted in the distant tracers looking too large by comparison to the close ones. I'm guessing this is due to Guncam switching the models out with low-poly ones. It's not hugely distracting but it would be nice to make Guncam an optional JSGME mod rather than forcibly include it in BAT by default (unless it's not part of BAT and I'm just being overly picky).

EDIT: Nevermind the last one, I removed the Guncam .sfs file and all is good now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 26 queries.