Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing static FMBplus objects after complete audit  (Read 395 times)

SlowBurn68

Missing static FMBplus objects after complete audit
« on: September 16, 2019, 12:53:03 AM »

I've been missing static FMBplus objects since BAT 3.2, but never really looked into it until now. Using Excel, I took the 3.7.2 Static_list_FMBplus.txt file (7090) objects, and compared it to my 3.7.2 JTW3 static.ini file (~6910) - No big deal, a delta of 180. However, when I compared the "Title" of each object in both files, (like "Wickerchair") for matches, I'm not sure what to make of the results.

I have (1828) objects in the FMBplus static list not in my static.ini, and (1415) objects in my static.ini not on the FMBplus static list. Did I miss a object download not part of the BAT installs, or do the BAT modules have different objects based on the period?

Does anyone know why this would be, how to fix, or better yet have an accurate static.ini you could pass me?

Thanks...

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
Re: Missing static FMBplus objects after complete audit
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 08:03:49 AM »

I don't get what you mean actually....

6900 objects is about correct, indeed. But then you lose me completely. Maybe you're doing something wicked that does not make much sense technically.
What is missing?

there is the same static.ini in all the BAT modules

SlowBurn68

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 12:27:17 PM »

I don't get what you mean actually....

6900 objects is about correct, indeed. But then you lose me completely. Maybe you're doing something wicked that does not make much sense technically.
What is missing?

there is the same static.ini in all the BAT modules

I'll try my best to walk thru this again, I know it's hard to follow.

The text file named "Static_list_FMBplus.txt" that sits in every module folder: #DOF3, #JTW3, etc. and (as I understand) lists every static object in the FMB to chose from, in the 'View'\'Object'\'Objects' drop-down list. The 3.7.2 "Static_list_FMBplus.txt" file shows there are 7090 static objects, numbered (0 thru 7089). However, when I select the drop-down list in my FMB, it only shows 6911 (0 thru 6910) static objects to chose from.

Again, my understanding is that there should be corresponding static object names (and it's properties) in every module's \STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\static.ini file, which populates the 'Objects' drop-down list in the FMB. So in attempt to find the 179 missing static objects, I compared the object names in each file to see which ones matched, or didn't. My assumption was that the 179 static objects would simply be missing from the static.ini, and I would now know which ones they are.

The above analysis was my result. Now one thing I did notice for example, some objects would have the same name in each file, but one would be spelled with an underscore_separating_words in one file, but would have a period.separating.words in the other. But in no way these could account for all discrepancies.

Basically I'm assuming that the static objects in the "Static_list_FMBplus.txt" should be the same, and in the same order when I select the 'Objects' drop-down in the FMB, and it's not. Everybody should be able to select that drop-down and have it show 0 Wickerchair down to 7089 FurnitureNGNBPalmAs2.

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 12:43:42 PM »

Sorry but that's still over my head.
yeah there's a slight mismatch but so far nobody has made the effort to ID all of them and investigate through the fog of the SFS for the cause. It's an absolutely minor thing way down on the list.

SlowBurn68

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 01:47:14 PM »

Sorry but that's still over my head.
yeah there's a slight mismatch but so far nobody has made the effort to ID all of them and investigate through the fog of the SFS for the cause. It's an absolutely minor thing way down on the list.

I get it. Not that big of a deal to me, I just wanted find out what I was missing then go get them.

Thanks...

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 10:11:07 PM »

well, if you actually have a list of the "delta 180", you could share it with me for future reference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 26 queries.