Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding the DOF, TGA, WAW and JTW campaigns  (Read 1084 times)

jack72

Finding the DOF, TGA, WAW and JTW campaigns
« on: September 15, 2019, 10:59:49 AM »

Hope I don't get shot for this question....and yes, I did download the Bat manual in the    B.A.T. COMPONENT PARTS INSTALLER AND EXPANSIONS section but did not see anywhere that answers my question.

I cannot find out how to put the DOF TGA WAW and JTW campaigns (and missions if any) in game.
I installed all the BAT components as well as the skins V3.

I open the game with the IL Selector 3.5.2 and change the game type to one of the above.
When I go into the game, I don't see anything specific to that time area.
For example if I am in the DOF and choose RAF, I get campaigns related to the Battle of Britain 1940.  I don't see any campaigns in WW1 regardless of country, or rank selection.

I have opened the JSGME.exe and noticed that there are a bunch of files (or names) that my pertain to different eras.  But I did not want to move any over in case I am not suppose to.....

So how to you get these campaigns from various eras (DOF, TGA WAS and JTW)...

Vampire_pilot

Re: Finding the DOF, TGA, WAW and JTW campaigns
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »

You won't get shot but imagine you hear the whizz of a near miss.

You always see all your campaigns in all the eras. There's no automatic distinction, it's how the game works. You need to know yourself which campaign to start with what era.

Get campaigns and missions here
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,265.0.html

jack72

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 12:39:41 PM »

Ok
So I have to now download the campaigns or mission listed in the child boards on from that page.

I thought the BAT zips had campaigns already that was part of it....I guess not.  It was more of blank canvas for each era and now I have to load the pictures

Just so that I understand, I noticed on the DOF and TGA there is a campaign made by Monty.  I have to load that in and the campaign will be there.  Till that is done, all I have is the stock campaigns and missions from IL 2 1946....(no bat made campaigns and missions)

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 10:13:23 PM »

There's a small handfull of material that comes with the downloads but campaigns are published by campaign makers continuously... so yes, your understanding is correct.

buckdanny

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 06:10:10 AM »

Each campaign has a info.properties file with the name of the campaign, which is displayed in the menu. I open the file with an editor and complete the name with dof, tga, waw and so on. E.g. WW1 Fighters_DOF, Nightfighters_WAW.

jack72

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 08:32:07 AM »

Thanks guys,  I see now.

David Prosser

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 03:57:16 PM »

You'll also find a number of BAT campaigns and single missions over at Mission for Today.

cheers

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 26 queries.