Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Other German language voicepack available?  (Read 441 times)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Other German language voicepack available?
« on: August 31, 2019, 02:39:24 AM »

Over the years I have looked for alternative voicepacks in German (and Russian) for Il-2. The default existing ones in the games contain too much yelling and screaming in hysterically loud voices. Seems very unrealistic and is in any case very distracting and annoying. It is so off-putting that I when playing blue, I never choose Luftwaffe as an airforce, even with historical German planes.

So I was wondering if there aren't any German voicepacks available where the players speak in a more normal and calmer German? High German spoken in a calm and measured voice sounds quite cultured. But the voicepacks just don't reflect that.

Perhaps someone knows of a link to one somewhere? I haven't been able to find any here on SAS, but perhaps buried deep somewhere in a post? Or another site?

Mick

• Modder
Re: Other German language voicepack available?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 02:55:39 AM »

... try the much less talkative pack by Checkyersix here ...

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2514.0.html

and also the German female ground controler here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,4429.0.html

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 03:07:20 AM »

The ground controller voice I had. She is a charm to listen to, even-voiced and steady, nicely cultured German.

But the link to the other seems to be dead. No mediafire file available and the filefront link gives a 404 Not Found message ...

The no chatter I will have to try, though I actually like interspersed chatter, as long as there is no screaming or yelling ... ha ha

Tnx for the links ...

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 03:15:15 AM »

Not sure this is something you may like but I don't understand neither German nor Russian and I always use these DE-EN RU-EN packs: http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2655

I wish there was something similar for the Japanese army!
NG-HUD v3.5H | NG-MAP v3.1 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 03:24:23 AM »

... sorry for the dead links, I didn't check prior to posting ...  :-[

If you only want to delete the shouting and yelling, then you can only delete the corresponding samples, I think ...  ;)

You'll then probably get alarms in your log, but who gives a shit about them since they are silent ones ...?  8)

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 09:22:20 AM »

... sorry for the dead links, I didn't check prior to posting ...  :-[

If you only want to delete the shouting and yelling, then you can only delete the corresponding samples, I think ...  ;)

You'll then probably get alarms in your log, but who gives a shit about them since they are silent ones ...?  8)

Well now, I never thought of that. I had the impressions the voice-packs were all or nothing ... maybe that would be an improvement ... 

tnx for the suggestion   

jpten

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 10:46:47 AM »

The sound files sound be able to be taken into a sound editing program and volume adjusted.  I always though there was not enough oxygen mask muffling.  RAF rules was to always have mask, googles and mask on in an engagement for fire and flying glass protection.  A damping effect could also be added in a sound editing program.

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 11:49:25 AM »

... yep, you can also edit the samples, which is what I did for the Italian voice pack that was sooo loud, way back in 2010  ...   :P

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,7839.0.html

For this, I used the free progie called Audacity ...  ;)

https://www.audacityteam.org/

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 12:07:55 PM »

But the link to the other seems to be dead. No mediafire file available and the filefront link gives a 404 Not Found message ...

in the same post you will find a working link only 20 lines below the dead filefront link.
i7-4790K 4.00GHz, Asus Z97 Extreme 6, 16GB DDR3; 750GB SSDs, 2TB SSHD, 8TB int.+ext.HDs; Sound Blaster ZxR; Nvidia GTX 980 4GB, Acer 3840x2160 GSync; Win10 prof.; Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Saitex Throttle Quadrant. Beyerdynamic DT880 Headphones.

David Prosser

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 05:53:42 PM »

The new controller sounds much better. The old one must have been Major Hochstetter's  angry twin brother from Hogan's Heroes.

cheers

David

Dimlee

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 03:05:59 PM »

As I remember there were attempts to create new Russian packs and at least one female ground controller one was released. Probably it's still on M4T.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 03:36:41 PM »

As I remember there were attempts to create new Russian packs and at least one female ground controller one was released. Probably it's still on M4T.

I've downloaded the groundcontroller voices, which are all nice and measured, calm with no shouting or screaming. I got those some years ago already. And I had hoped to find more such voices, but for the pilots and squadron members ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 26 queries.