Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: to Steam or not to Steam with IL2 GB  (Read 196 times)

JollyJack

to Steam or not to Steam with IL2 GB
« on: August 25, 2019, 08:44:12 PM »

Steam, any one a fan?

Started with IL2 BoS and Moscow bought accidentally through Steam. Didn't know any better then. This as i liked it as being days of old 1946 'owner', not playing it for some years.

Then i found the new IL*2 site and bought Kuban, and now Bodenplatte, in support of a good thing. Also due Olga's support, proven very quick on the draw and enlightening.

Now i am forced to go through the Dreaded Steam Thang if i want to load all the versions.

Starting  from the Launcher in the IC games Great Battles folder only gives me Kuban and Bodenplatte (restricted to some planes still) .

Is there any way to access all 4 versions through IL*2's Launcher bypassing Steam altogether? Olga mentioned something like that i have to buy them again to do so ...
Wonder if copying the Steam apps common folder in to the IC games Great Battles folder would be an option, or that doing that messes up the lot ....

PS posted this on the IL*2 forum too. Thnx J

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
Re: to Steam or not to Steam wilt IL2 GB
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 10:57:13 PM »

Once you have merged your accounts (Steam and non-Steam), you have to run IL-2 GB through Steam.
There is no other way.

Consider yourself "lucky" that you can access anything when running the launcher directly.
For instance, I've bought BoS+BoM through Steam and everything else (literally, all that money can buy from IL-2 GB) directly, but when I run the launcher directly, I cannot even login.

If you really want to get rid of Steam, you will have to buy BoS and BoM again, and even more, you have to cross your fingers that the merged accounts will not render this attempt futile too (see my case).

]cheers[
Mike
You've got no one to follow, and no one will follow you. Ain't that a relief?

JollyJack

Re: to Steam or not to Steam wilt IL2 GB
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 01:07:36 AM »

Once you have merged your accounts (Steam and non-Steam), you have to run IL-2 GB through Steam.
There is no other way.

Consider yourself "lucky" that you can access anything when running the launcher directly.
For instance, I've bought BoS+BoM through Steam and everything else (literally, all that money can buy from IL-2 GB) directly, but when I run the launcher directly, I cannot even login.

If you really want to get rid of Steam, you will have to buy BoS and BoM again, and even more, you have to cross your fingers that the merged accounts will not render this attempt futile too (see my case).

]cheers[ Mike 

Thanks, Mike, sorry to hear that, and Olga was right. I like Steam trains though, maybe this one would be nice from IL*2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw6NFmcnW-8&feature=youtu.be

Ever heard this John Hartford song Steam Powered Aero Plane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV7ZTwqC8ZI&list=RDAV7ZTwqC8ZI&start_radio=1&t=0

Well I never went away on a Steam Powered Aero plane
Well I went and stayed and damn near didn't come back again
Didn't go very fast on a steam powered aero plane
Oh the wheel went around, up and down, and inside and then back again

Sittin' in a 747 just watching them clouds roll by
Can't tell if it's sunshine or if it's rain
Rather be sittin' in a deck chair high above Kansas City
On a genuine old fashioned steam powered aero plane

Well I'd like to be a pilot on a steam powered aero plane
Well I'd pull that pilot wheel around and then back again
Well, I'll wear a blue hat, yeah, that says Steam Powered Aero plane
With letters that go around the rim and then back again

(he was also pilot or captain on the Mississippi Riverboat Julia Belle Swain): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aICsD4C-pC8

----------------------------------------

PS on the IL*2 forum i was directed to this, maybe something in it for you?: : https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/53257-how-do-i-transfer-my-bos-from-steam-to-standalone/

The sale of BoS and BoM in my case, is still going on. Knowing Olga's support i bought them, also in support of their programming efforts. I'll consider that i bought them at the full price (almost) LoL.

IL*2 support now un-linked me from Steam to get it all working, maybe that's the issue if you bought them again direct?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 26 queries.