Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: French Hawks over China - For BAT/TGA!  (Read 3220 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
French Hawks over China - For BAT/TGA!
« on: August 25, 2019, 06:01:09 AM »

Yes, another of my old pre-1939 campaigns have made it into the BAT universe:

"French Hawks over China" is a semi-historical, 14-mission static campaign, set during the first half of 1938 in Central China. You take on the persona of Jean-Claude Oteville, a French mercenary pilot in the Kuomintang airforce, flying the Dewoitine D.510. The campaign is a pretty straight-forward adaptation of my old campaign "Hawks over the Yangtze" - no surprises there.

You can download it here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1143

The Dewoitine D.510 was part of the last generation of all-metal, open-cockpit, fixed-undercarriage monoplanes produced in France. The first variant, the D.500 and D.501 entered service in July 1935, with the more powerful D.510 joining them in October 1936. The D.510 was re-engined with Hispano-Suiza 12Ycrs producing 860 hp, and armed with a 20 mm cannon and two 7.5 mm machine guns in the wings. They were the primary fighters employed by the Armée de l'Air until replacement by the Morane-Saulnier M.S.406 in 1939. In 1938, 24 D.510:s were delivered to Hanoi from France in and then flown to Yunnan. They saw action against the Japanese, including the defense of Chengdu and Chinese wartime capital Chongqing.

When the campaign starts it’s January 1938, and you have just arrived in China, drawn to the war by the prospect of adventure and good pay. Some six months have passed since the brutal Japanese invasion started, and the Chinese are hard pressed. Following the loss of their capital Nanking, the Chinese government under Chiang Kai-Chek has massed some 800,000 troops to defend their new military and political headquarters, Hankow. Hankow is a large city (actually one of three adjacent to each other) by the Yangtze river, with some 1.2 million inhabitants.  It is the industrial heart of China, with the steel works at Hanyang accounting for most of China's production. Will the Japanese resume their attacks? In the air the war rages unabated.

Thanks for looking!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
Re: French Hawks over China - For BAT/TGA!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 07:28:07 AM »

Looks epic! Wish i had a BAT install!

Fresco
cogito, ergo sum armatus

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 12:28:36 PM »

Looks epic! Wish i had a BAT install!

Fresco

Get BAT! You will never regret it!  ;)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

spad42

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 11:01:04 AM »

Thank you very much Poltava for your adaptation of this old camapign. She is quite young now !. The historical background is very interesting. The map is beautiful and the aircrafts very funny to fly and fight.
The TGA era allow to discover lesser know aircrafts and new theatre of operations.
Many thanks for the modders and campaigns makers that give us as much fun.

czarek422

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 02:22:27 PM »

In the game it is said to start as "1st Lieutenant". Problem is there's no such rank in french nation. They are as follows:

Sergent
Adjutant
Aspirant
Sous-Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Capitaine à titre provisoire
Capitaine

Which one should it be?

JG51_Ruski

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 02:06:14 AM »

Lieutenant did a search and Sous-Lieutenant is a second lieutenant
Semper Fi

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 05:40:58 AM »

We are not looking for technical equivalent but the correct level in terms of IL-2 functionality for that rank.

I suppose, Poltava referenced this over from other campaigns as a typo.
In the US ranks for example, 1st Lt is the "2" rank, so it would be the "Aspirant" in your case... but that's only a guess of the intention.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 02:59:40 PM »

Hi fellas! Start as "Lieutenant"! The info-file has been updated. Thanks for the heads-up! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 26 queries.