Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: White perspex canopies  (Read 3679 times)

whistler

• Modder
Re: White perspex canopies
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 02:34:17 AM »

BlackAce, do you still have problems loading JTW?
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2019, 02:48:49 AM »

THANKYOU!!!

you are aware that this does not help me as it does not tell me if it helps you or not.
Are you just happy there's a download or is the problem fixed?

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 03:17:51 AM »

The fix works: no more white perspex when flying:

The perspex is still white in the menu window:

But I for one can live with that!  :D
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

BlackAce7727

• BAT, UP, DBW
  • Skinner
  • Clown #77
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 06:13:19 AM »

Well, considering I deleted my BAT install I can't say now, but as you did kind of did fix it for Poltava I guess I'll wait until the patch comes out and I've re-installed BAT on my machine...That's the reason I didn't reply with a suitable come back or a screenshot otherwise I would have done similar to Poltava in his reply.
Let the victor be justice...

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 10:57:57 AM »

Here's something I found in an old thread about the same problem. Only very few seem to see this.

Can you tell me if this fixes your white glass issues?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/psaqgk9nokgd15o/White_Glass_repair.zip/file

The fix above doesn't make much sense to me. The tga included is shared by many aircraft. We would have many more issues of the kind if this was the case, I think.

The problem is in the 3do\Plane\LN-411\Glasses.mat. Some parameters there are not compatible with all graphic cards, setups or configurations. Now, I have no idea about mat files but I borrowed settings from a different one and the LN 411 looks good now from the outside.

Please remove vampire's fix and try this: LN-411_Glass_Fix.zip

(Both old and new Glasses.mat are included in the download. I hope a 3D/mat expert can shed some light on this)

NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

PhantomII

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 11:16:01 AM »

Thanks whistler for your fix as the previous fix did not work for me. No disrespect towards vampire_pilot :)

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 11:43:51 AM »

No disrespect towards vampire_pilot :)

Not at all! This does not impact everyone and Vamps was flying blind. Kudos to him for trying hard every time.

BlackAce7727

• BAT, UP, DBW
  • Skinner
  • Clown #77
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2019, 05:45:40 AM »

Ghost and Whistler...

I owe you two gentlemen a huge apology for this post, it turns out deleting my original BAT install was a blessing in itself..  ;)

After I deleted my original BAT install and my backup I decided to re-install BAT up to 3.6 and copied and pasted it into my backup hard drive so if and when I installed 3.7 it would cause the same issues as noted before, however as it turns out it FIXED the problem...it must have been a conflict or something as when I originally installed 3.7 on the Installer it noted some 'errors' or 'not found' messages on it...whereas when I re-installed 3.7 it went a lot smoother and it installed everything that was required, so it was a mistake on my part, either it was a patch I missed, a small correction file or something similar in JSGME as I was still running it turns out the old files rather than the replacements that were issued during 3.6.  :-|

So I wholeheartedly admit it was a failure due to my own judgement, yes the Flagon 3d is still a fault but I know it's been noted and is being fixed, aside from that...the install is back working 100%.  ;D

Again huge thanks for your files, help and opinions, godbless you all Gents!

BlackAce7727 (Eric)
Let the victor be justice...

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 04:26:28 AM »

Just a note to say that I had the white cockpit problem and whistler's fix worked for me too.

DONAGHY

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 03:56:29 AM »

all in bat works apart from some planes get white canopys when i use the yer-2 any ideas any one   many thanks don

shahryar

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2022, 02:22:35 AM »

Here's something I found in an old thread about the same problem. Only very few seem to see this.

Can you tell me if this fixes your white glass issues?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/psaqgk9nokgd15o/White_Glass_repair.zip/file

The fix above doesn't make much sense to me. The tga included is shared by many aircraft. We would have many more issues of the kind if this was the case, I think.

The problem is in the 3do\Plane\LN-411\Glasses.mat. Some parameters there are not compatible with all graphic cards, setups or configurations. Now, I have no idea about mat files but I borrowed settings from a different one and the LN 411 looks good now from the outside.

Please remove vampire's fix and try this: LN-411_Glass_Fix.zip

(Both old and new Glasses.mat are included in the download. I hope a 3D/mat expert can shed some light on this)

Hi,
Sorry for bringing up this old topic, But I'm in need of this fix and Unfortunately the link is outdated.
May you Whistler or someone else Provide a working DL Link to this Fix Please?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 25 queries.