Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I install a Map Template  (Read 722 times)

Ace of Spades

How do I install a Map Template
« on: July 22, 2019, 01:28:20 PM »

I am trying to install a Solomon's map template, By the way on the 2 files Solomon's is spelled incorrectly as Salomons. I have been reading this thread
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=37295.0
I am still not having success in having the map show up on the map selection list in FMB, I have found the Mapmods/maps/Tex folder and installed the 2 files in that folder. Also added the name to the .ini. lile under all.  Do I instead need to create a separate sub folder with the maps name with the 2 files inside it and put it in the Tex folder? also it maybe a issue with the name or extension I put on the name in the.ini file.
the names of the files are as follows
Salomon template#1 JackPof.mis
Salomon template#1 JackPof.properties

The name I added to the .ini file is
Solomons_template Salomontemplate#1 JackPof/load.ini

I changed the name to Solomons so it would show that way on the map selector, but still does not show, even with the original incorrect name

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: How do I install a Map Template
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 02:10:37 PM »

Typically a map template file is simply an existing map with a lot of added objects (air bases, docks, towns, etc.) Since you have a .mis file I am pretty sure that is what you have. You cannot install the mis file as a map, no matter what you do. The template is meant for mission makers to use to create missions. So to use your template you need to create missions or campaigns with the template.

Ace of Spades

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »

Do I install it in a separate folder and search for it in a directory in the FMB?
If so what folder would I put it in?
Thanks

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »

You could put it in any of the subfolders under campaigns or singles or make a  new folder under the nation folder. Realize however that since it is a template it will probablybe unusable as their will be no flying aircraft. To make it usable you will likely need to add flying aircraft at a minimum using the FMB.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 12:53:54 AM »

Place the template (which is a mission file) wherever you'd put any other mission. It need not reside in the same folder as any missions created from it.

Open FMB, load this template (which, again, is simply a normal mission), do the usual stuff with flights, objects, etc., then save this new mission with a different name as appropriate, wherever you'd like.

For instance. I have a Guadalcanal template (just objects, no flights) saved in the /Missions/Single/US folder. If I use this to make, say, a US Marines or USAAF mission, I'll load this template in the FMB, add my flights, add and/or remove objects as desired, then save the new mission, appropriately named, in the /Missions/Single/UM/F4F/ folder, or /Missions/Single/US/P-40/ folder, for example.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 24 queries.