Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Three more curved road maps  (Read 2643 times)

Nowekat

• Modder
Three more curved road maps
« on: July 06, 2019, 06:34:35 AM »

V.1.1
Fixed: Wrong content in the STATIC_CLAYPLATES folder, which also was named wrongly STATIC_CLAYTPLATES ( with the T). If you already downloaded, you must delete this wrong named folder and exchange it with the new one.
Fixed: The Ardennes missed some textures, i added these to the download. Also the actors.static was named wrong (actors.static.CR). Enxchange this with the new one or rename ist.
This should solve the mission saving problem and the loading problem for the Ardennes

This are three new maps with curved roads, namely the IJ_Sakishima, the allready modded Singapore and the also allready modded Ardennes map, summer and winter.

I use two new road plate types here, a clay road and a paved road.

To install these roads and the maps read the Installation.txt within the download. I hope all needed textures are included. If not, please report. I did not add new textures, so the _tex folders are not needed if these maps are allready installed.

To the Sakishima map, made by IJ, i added some roads. The Ardennes are modded by Cyberolas, i assume. Changing the roads of the Singapore map, modded also by Cyberorlas, was a kind of desaster: I thought, there where only two long main roads from the north to the south im Malaya. But then i noticed an entire hidden road net mostly in the western part of Malaya. Nearly finished that, i stumbled over this Singapore map of 1942:

So i had also to add these roads. Nearly finished that, i noticed these roads were useless, as they connected nothing. So i had to add a lot of smaller settlements to the island of Singapore.

The whole thing was planned as a lazy sundays afternoon work but finally took some days.

You may download these three maps here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/61jm9sf6x0wc91c/ThreeMoreCrMaps.7z/file

My other curved roads map you may find here:

SmolenskCR, ProkhorovkaCR and MTOCR:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cg2m5s966fs5j16/ThreeCRmaps.7z/file

SWIEurope, a well populated area somewhere in Europe:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5o7qu6mncodaeoc/SWIEurope.7z/file

SandsOfTimeCR, a total conversion of the OnlineMT map:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g90x66445vaxrn0/SandsOfTimeCR.7z/file

JV69_Lybia_NECR:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uj3pc65my725f8t/JV69_Lybia_NE_CR.7z/file

vkg_El_AlameinCR
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m4uyikwqgvb7241/vkg_El_AlameinCR.7z/file

Desert OnlineCR:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/taavcz2qrr9e8q0/Desert_Online_CR.7z/file

I just forgot to mention the NWEurope map:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8647dd57el83b28/NWEuropeCR.7z/file

Nowekat

Mick

• Modder
Re: Three more curved road maps
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 07:33:01 AM »

Many THX for twisting all these previously straight roads, Nowekat ...!  8)

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 10:07:15 AM »

To bad. As usual there is somthing wrong, this time with the clay plates, so i removed the link in the first post. I will fix this, but this will take some time . Sorry for that.

Nowekat

Willyp

• Military Arms Photos
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 10:33:54 AM »

Thanks for all your work on these curved maps!, I've got all the previous ones in my BAT WAW module and they work great!, just tried putting these 4 in and the SakashimaCR & SingaporeCR maps load but won't save, the Ardennes maps will not load at all, get the following:
World.Land().LoadMap()error:java.lang.RuntimeException:Landscape'ArdennesCR/sload.ini' loading error and:
   "        "          "            "       "     "        "            "         Landscape'ArdennesCR/wload.ini' loading error

Did I mess up or has anyone else had this?, TIA
Intel I9-9900K 4ghz CPU, Nvidia 2080Ti 11gb GPU, 64Gb DDR4-3200ram, 2Tb SSD boot, 4Tb SSD, 2Tb SSD, 8Tb 7200rpm HDD+32Gb Intel Optane

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 12:20:46 PM »

I updated the download, i hope this time it works.

The Ardennes needs some textures i added to the download. Also the actors.static was named wrong here (actors.staticCR instead actors.static).

The STATIC_CLAYPLATES folder was named wrong (with a T in the middle) and also had the wrong content. If you allready downloaded this wrong folder, you must delete it and use the new one. This should solve the saving problem.

Well, all in all, if it works now, the problems were manageable but annoying nevertheless.

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 02:30:28 PM »

I've been gone for some time and am getting back up to speed. We didn't have curved road plates back when i was making maps.

Now, I've downloaded the above maps and installed the new Alamein map. It loads and works, but I still see the old straight, zig-zag roads.

So I surmise one has to manually install new curved road objects. I've looked and done searches in various places but could not find a download link ... so I was wondering if anyone could give a link on where to download these new road plates ...

Willyp

• Military Arms Photos
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 04:17:23 PM »

Thanx for the fast response Nowekat!, deleted the entire original download & used v1.1, now all the maps load and SingaporeCR & SakashimaCR will save missions, both the Ardennes maps load now but neither will save the mission, is there a specific place in the static.ini the Static entries should go?, there was no header in the entries so I just loaded them at the end of another $plate group, so maybe that's where I'm messing up? I tried to open the actors.static files to see if I could find the problem but notepad, notepad+++, and wordpad won't open them (bit of a computer dummy here sorry)
Intel I9-9900K 4ghz CPU, Nvidia 2080Ti 11gb GPU, 64Gb DDR4-3200ram, 2Tb SSD boot, 4Tb SSD, 2Tb SSD, 8Tb 7200rpm HDD+32Gb Intel Optane

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 04:47:22 PM »

Willyp... I have same problem as you.

Reason is simple : a few objects seem to be missing. These ones :

Code: [Select]
buildings.House$eng_stonebarn3
buildings.House$frenchvillage2
buildings.House$frenchvillage0
buildings.House$Fr_City_10

Are they available somewhere ?

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 01:01:42 AM »

Glad to here the updated works.

These missing buildings are in a modpack TEXTURES_Buildings_France, that you may download here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3lpjeu7ov7e4dyc/TEXTURES_Buildings_France.7z/file

@Agracier
Welcome back. I'm quite new in the map bussines, but of course i know your maps. Great work!

The curved roads are just road plates layed with a program i called Roadbuilder.exe. So they are in the actors.static. I assume you just saw a railroad, which i left as they were, because trains can't run on rail plates. The prog is in the Mapworx section. Included is also a program HightAdopter.exe that flattens the map_h along the roads. Nevertheless the plates are not suitable for very mountainious areas. A lot of curved roads and rails are in the SWIEurope map.

Kelso

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 02:00:39 AM »

Is there to be only the actors2.static file in the singapore directory? There are two maps of Singapore. At No. 1, there are no roads. The actors1.static file is missing. Is this how it should be?

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 02:32:34 AM »

As i read, the only difference between Singapore1 and Singapore2 and the actors1.static and the actors2.static are two more airports in the 2 version. Population and textures are the same. So i reworked only the 2 version. But as i did not delete the Singapore1 load.ini and texts.ini, the question is obvious.

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 11:33:26 AM »

:)   :D   THANKS Nowecat! You're doing a great job, I've been hoping for fifteen years that someone with the skills you have, fixes this abominable system of zigzag roads that have always ruined part of the pleasure of flying on the default maps! Unfortunately, even the new maps produced afterwards have always maintained this unnatural method of representation with the exception of the splendid and insuperable map of Rabaul. Your work for me is absolutely primary and the results are excellent. Please continue to turn roads, you have all my gratitude! ;)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 24 queries.