Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding aircraft to DGen's .mis files  (Read 2391 times)

Tonyeh

Adding aircraft to DGen's .mis files
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:59:51 AM »

Hi,

Is it possible to add aircraft to the DGen .mis files? For example, the StalingradRed.mis file, or the Leningrad41Blue.mis.

I mean flying aircraft with waypoints, not static aircraft.

I've tried, but they don't show up. So, I'm presuming not, but why not?

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
Re: Adding aircraft to DGen's .mis files
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 02:37:52 AM »

Flying aircraft cannot be added to mission templates: they're just there for static objects (including static aircraft).

You must add flying aircraft following usual procedure: drop relevant folder (containing classfiles and 3do stuff) into your MODS/#SAS/#DBW/#UP# folder (according to the modpack/modactivator you have, and that you didn't specified). Then add relevant lines to your air.ini file and check in QMB.

There's plenty of tutorials on this same topic in this forum:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=1353.0

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=19133.0

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=54335.0

Good luck!
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Tonyeh

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 09:37:07 AM »

Flying aircraft cannot be added to mission templates: they're just there for static objects (including static aircraft).

Um, that's a pity. It would be great to be able to add flights to the .mis files and have them generate if your flight path was near them when a mission is generated in DGen.

You must add flying aircraft following usual procedure: drop relevant folder (containing classfiles and 3do stuff) into your MODS/#SAS/#DBW/#UP# folder (according to the modpack/modactivator you have, and that you didn't specified). Then add relevant lines to your air.ini file and check in QMB.

There's plenty of tutorials on this same topic in this forum:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=1353.0

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=19133.0

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=54335.0

Good luck!
GB

Cheers. But, TBH, there's already enough flyable planes in IL2 as it is for me.  ;D

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 10:20:17 AM »

The reply from Greybeard is misled. He misunderstood your question.

He thinks QMB missions, while you ask about DGen mission templates.

DGen missions work completely differently, you would need to edit a whole lot of files and databases inside DGEN folder to add or manipulate planes in DGen campaigns. It's not straight forward to add mod planes there. DGEN modding is world of its own.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 03:36:23 AM »

I have by no means misinterpreted Tonyeh's question and I have perfectly understood that he speaks of DGen missions, which I have been dealing with for a decade. But he wrote:

"I mean flying aircraft with waypoints, not static aircraft."

so I mean he talks about new planes to add to make them fly. Now I don't understand his last statement:

"But, TBH, there's already enough flyable planes in IL2 as it is for me."

But then, if there are enough already, why do he want to add?

Probably, he means flying aircraft included in mission templates (on the same kind of what done for Scenery.mis for vehicles). Honestly, I don't know: I never saw operating flying aircraft included by someone in some mission templates and don't know if they can be added to Scenery.mis. This latter, though, in my experience never worked, at least with Asura's Dgen, the one I use almost exclusively as generator.

Tonyeh, you may try to build a your own Scenery.mis, including flying aircraft, and see if it works.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Tonyeh

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 08:36:05 AM »

OK, I probably wasn't being clear enough. My fault.  ;D

What I mean is that I just want to be able to add flights (of default aircraft) with waypoints into the .mis files and have DGen generate them when it creates a mission in a dynamic campaign. For example, add a flight of Ju88's flying from west to east on the Smolensk map. It seems that DGen won't generate them. I was just wondering if there was a way around that.

I don't want to add new plane mods. IL2 already has more aircraft than I'll ever use.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 03:00:51 AM »

OK. Perfectly clear now for me. I'm attaching all relevant items from latest Asura's DGen manual (kindly translated by vonOben):

"[episode_name]Front.mis – this file contains a template with active objects which will appear to create ground
battles near the frontline.
[episode_name]Scenery.mis – this file contains a template with active airfield objects, which will appear in
missions to create live effect.
[episode_name]Topo.mis – this file contains a template with reference points, required for creating missions on
sea maps.
[episode_name] Fixed.mis – this file contains a template of ground targets and objects being added to each
mission. Use such files to add to a mission transport units with their routes crossing the frontline, navigation
objects, landing systems, runway lighting etc.
"

I don't know how much they apply to stock (Starshoy's) DGen, but personally I think so, since Asura doesn't mention them as "new features" and I recall to have found at least some of them already in stock or built by other authors DGen campaigns.

As you can see, we only talk about objects, some in motion, but no mention is made of planes (or ships).

I have tried in the past to introduce fixed flights of planes in the mission templates, but without success. So far the only options I've seen working are the "Front" (fires near the front that simulate the activity) and the "Topo" (pilots fallen into the sea to be saved, which are the object of the "Rescue" missions - I think they work only in the Pacific).

I am sorry to have disappointed you, but I hope to have opened new ideas to you.

Cheers,
GB

Tonyeh

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 01:42:31 PM »

OK, no worries. I haven't had much time with Asura's DGen mod. But what I've seen of it coupled with Motorhead's campaigns have impressed me. I'm eagerly awaiting DGenMod 2.2. Hopefully the issues with 2.1 will have been eliminated.

At the moment, I use 4.12.2 with SAS modact 5.3 and the VB mod. But that uses Vadim's last version of Dgen. So, it's still, erm, old fashioned as it were. :)

Anyway thanks for the info.

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 12:41:58 AM »

You're welcome! ;)

JonRedcorn

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 03:29:09 PM »

OK, no worries. I haven't had much time with Asura's DGen mod. But what I've seen of it coupled with Motorhead's campaigns have impressed me. I'm eagerly awaiting DGenMod 2.2. Hopefully the issues with 2.1 will have been eliminated.

At the moment, I use 4.12.2 with SAS modact 5.3 and the VB mod. But that uses Vadim's last version of Dgen. So, it's still, erm, old fashioned as it were. :)

Dgen 3.0 is coming, going up a whole new number, should be incredible, motorheads working on some awesome stuff and it's going to have a ton of fixes. Going to be a singleplayer's dream. Also it's going to be on 4.14 so get a up to date install ready, unless the whole package is released.

Tonyeh

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 01:31:08 AM »

^

Sounds good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 26 queries.