Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A6M - 302nd Kokutai  (Read 2429 times)

sakai

• Modder
Re: A6M - 302nd Kokutai
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 11:04:30 AM »

Thanks for the nice comments guys.. (bomberkiller screenshot looks great by the way)
I try to be very accurate, but I didn't pay attention to the point Kelso has pointed out... I'll change that in the future
for the name of the skin, that is my way of naming all my skins in the game (mine and ones from the other skinners) but you can rename them as you see fit (what I could do next time, is to give a number to each of them and write the informations about the plane on the read-me document)
I'm working on more zero of the late models and to be honnest, I pay more attention on the skins that on their name (I spent a lot of time on each of them and before that, on the template : I redraw everything and there is a tons of layer to get to this result).
I've also largely improved my template for the N1K1J and I'll redraw some old skins from it -it is far better than the previous ones)
happy flying guys

sakai

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2019, 11:08:34 AM »

just one more thing : the name of the files are the one I have with VPmodpack but I had to rename them differently for HSFX (don't ask me why but you need to get the name in the readme document from japancat's mod)

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »

it's kind of odd to insist on something that's not working properly in the game, but as you please.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 08:29:50 PM »

Great art work on the skins Sakai.  ]cheers[   I am a fan of these Japanese aircraft.

As a suggestion, I will leave you with an idea of the way I name my skins, if you would also
like to use it in your game.
There are no strange keyboard character, which sometimes make the skin not show in the game.

I usually name my skins like this... here is an example for the airplane He-162 WW2 jet...
He162A_DE_1945_310027_Black27_HermannSteckhan_Bernburg

1 - He162A = the name of your airplane and its skin folder
2 - DE =  the 2 letter international code for the country which uses this skin
3 - 1945 = the year this airplane was used. NOT built, but when was it used.
4 - 310027 = this is the production serial number on the airplane (Sometimes I write the squadron number or its squadron code instead of this production number)
5 - Black27 = in this area I usually label the airplane markings or some other information
6 - HermannSteckhan = The pilot who flew this airplane
7 - Bernburg =  Location of the airfield if you know this information

Another example I use for naming Japanese airplane skins looks like this...
A6M3-22-Ko_JA_1943_582Kokutai_181_SaburoShindo_BuinBougainville

1- A6M3-22-Ko = Airplane name and the name of the airplane folder
2 - JA = JA is the 2 letter code for Japan
3 - 1943 = the year it was used
4 - 582Kokutai = The squadron it flew in
5 - 181 = the airplane number
6 - SaburoShindo = The pilot who flew this airplane, in this case "Captain Saburo Shindo"
7 - BuinBougainville = is the location of the airfield where it was used "Buin Bougainville"

By labeling all of your skins in this matter, all of your skins will be in a neat order inside your game folder and it will become
alot less complicated to find a certain skin, specially when you have over 200+ skins inside just one folder. 
But you decide what to do and what is best for your game play.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 28 queries.