Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screen resolution  (Read 798 times)

aircorps123

Screen resolution
« on: June 12, 2019, 03:31:37 PM »

Hi all,

I'm running a Dell 7570 with 16gb ram. My screen's default resolution is 1920x1080. I've set up a fresh installation of BAT and it's not allowing me to change the screen resolution in game or using the conf file as stated in the BAT manual.

I've managed to get it to load in 1920x1080 but it becomes oversized so much so I can only see part of the menu screen. Sometimes, it loads the program for a couple of seconds before crashing and when I reload it it's switched back to the default 1280x720.

I've looked in the forum and I can't find any information on this other than that someone else has gotten it to load in my resolution.

I previously had BAT as far as Sealion working fine.

Cheers

SAS~Storebror

• retired
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Screen resolution
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 10:14:35 PM »

Not a BAT issue and definitely nothing that changed between Sealion and now.
What happened to you is that you've activated a Windows 10 feature called "Desktop scaling".
You can either reset your desktop's scaling factor to 100% or use the solution posted here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,59691.msg657572.html#msg657572

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies
While ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide
While love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.

aircorps123

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 03:58:50 AM »

Hi Mike

Thanks for the solution. Managed to fix it. :)

Cheers!

crs101

• Sarah Connor ??? Yes ??? Ok you are free to go.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 01:48:50 PM »

Hello again after a long time !

You guys are just awesome in what you are doing(the dead easy to install packs of  BAT 4.0 and up), i have a Surface Book 2 highest spec and ran into this oversized/no mouse pointer in-game problem.

I prefer the 200% screen scaling because on a 4k resolution 16:10 monitor a 100% scaling is just destroying my eyes. "Nano" icons.^^

The link above explains all steps perfectly and it works after that compatibility scaling setting solution. People must find the patience to look in the BAT tech help section with the right keywords.

Again. Awesome work.

Cheers ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.