Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logitech extreme 3d pro problem  (Read 1769 times)

von Trippenhoff

Logitech extreme 3d pro problem
« on: June 07, 2019, 03:20:50 AM »

I'm using the Logitech extreme 3d pro, sometimes it works fine, other days it will pull to the left violently making the plane uncontrollable. I used to be able to quit the game ,unplug and replug the joystick and it would fix it. But now, with the new BAT it is now almost impossible to remedy. this happens to me with other games inc. COD and BOS so it is the stick not the game. am I the only person to be experiencing this? Does anyone have an explanation or solution?

VF19_Congo

• Uh... Wwhuut?
Re: Logitech extreme 3d pro problem
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 05:57:29 AM »

Your stick is malfunctioning, it is quite normal.
I use the Extreme 3D Pro's, in my heyday they would last an average of 3 months before getting "jitter".
I got to the point where I took a photo of a wheel barrow full of them and sent it to Logitech, along
with a letter asking them to revise the design, or drop the price by 75%, which is all they are worth....
I never got a reply.

Unfortunately, I am hooked on them by the layout and ergonomics, so I keep buying them.
Some seem to last better than others, maybe a year out of one and then a week or two from another.

My neighbor went to the rubbish tip's recycle centre and bought one for a couple dollars, he then gave it to me.
It's lasted almost two years now, after being someone else's trash, so go figure.

I have read that fine carbon dust accumulates on the pots/brushes whatever, and they can be cleaned, but
I've pulled a couple apart and I realise I suck at repairing them, I only get so far and just gave up and went
and bought another one.

They can also break the usb cable (invisible damage) where it exits from the stick, but mine rarely last long
enough for that to be a problem.

I reckon I've bought over 30 of these sticks, which is just insane, I know, I just never could bring myself to
spending A LOT MORE on a decent alternative.
I'm the clown walking around with a bucket over his head....

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 10:41:41 PM »

check how long the stick keeps its calibration, if that's the issue try these tips:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/40138-win10-trouble-with-logitech-extreme-3d-pro/
https://support.logitech.com/en_NZ/article/Resolve-controller-calibration-issues
Try to google "logitech extreme 3d pro calibration" for more info.

Ta183Huckebein

• FAC #17
  • Modder
  • aka "Raven"
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 11:19:28 PM »

I can confirm that it's usually a calibration problem (at least from my own experience). Mine finally conked out on me after 7+ years of use, and any issues I'd had up to this point were easily fixed with the calibration info vp posted.

Koi

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 10:08:29 AM »

Same here. It seem to be a design flaw. My 3d pros would work great for about 6 months and then start the pull to one side thing. Since I really liked the 3d pro I kept buying them, then realized after my 4th one  that I had spent about the same amount of  money on the pros that I would have spent on buying  the more expensive X52. So I switch over to the x52. The best way to solve this problem is to  switch to the X52 model as its much tougher. Mines lasted  over ten years of constant play now and still going strong.

von Trippenhoff

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 01:08:57 PM »

Thanks for your input and support folks. It's good to know i'm not alone in this, is there a forum of members reviews of recommended joysticks? there must be quite a lot of knowledge and experience involved within this site.

<Gunny>

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 12:00:25 AM »

I used this stick for years.. One would last 9 months and  the next one would only make it 3 months..
They just did not hold up very long..
I broke down and went to the Thurstmaster  T16000M . This has lasted for 4 years now and it is still like new.
You may want to give it a try.......

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace ,,, FAC# 53
  • Supporter
  • KT503 Elite
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 07:02:19 AM »

Who says its Not working, Wrong, the extreme 3d Pro is Working for CFS3, But the Il-2 1946 is Limited for Something, Try Keyboard as Control and Joystick for Pro can Handle. Beside the Logitech can Handle.

Best Regards KT503
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 26 queries.