Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freddy F86 cockpits not working in JSGME (How to add mods to JSGME?)~SOLVED  (Read 3557 times)

redbat

Hi,  :)

I've been reading all these tutorials and they really helped me very much to understand how to install mods and other things. But I keep having the same problem.
    I installed yesterday my Ultra Pack 2.01 in a clean IL-2 4.09m install. I noticed the F-86 uses some other cockpit, so I decided to install the "Freddy_Cockpits_Sabres_HSFX_UP" which I already have in another IL-2 install that uses "SAS Activator V2". I can put to work every mod I get for "SAS Activator V2". No problem here.

So, about "Freddy_Cockpits_Sabres_HSFX_UP". I downloaded the files and put them in the jsgmemods folder - C:\Program Files\IL-2 Ultra Pack\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\jsgmemods - Then I opened the "Generic Mod Enabler v2.3.1.132" and there I find the "Freddy_Cockpits_Sabres_HSFX_UP", ok so far. I selected it and clicked enable. It does the process and it appears now on the right side of the JSGME window. But when I launch the simulator and fly the F-86, it keeps the same old cockpit, no different one!!!

I've been reading here and there in the forum but I find no answer to this. Maybe something has escaped my attention.
    What am I doing wrong?

Thank you  :)

redbat

Re: Re: The Beginner's Guide to SAS modding with UltraPack 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:42:15 AM »

I just noticed when I enable "Sabre Cockpits from Freddy for HSFX/UP", it creates a folder "3do" inside the main Il-2 folder, with the Cockpit folder inside. Here is the root to make it more specific - C:\Program Files\IL-2 Ultra Pack\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\3do\cockpit\F-86

So, it seems it's not pointing to the right folder. How do I make it pointing the right folder?

Thanks 

redbat

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »

By the way, I already switched between Ultr@Pack and HSFX, using the Ultr@Pck PSwitcher, and I can't get those nice cockpits in the F-86.

Thanks

philip.ed

• The Real Dim Shady
  • Guess who's back?
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:58:39 AM »

When you put the folder in the JSGME-mods folder, did you make sure that it went JSGME-mods/Files/ and then the mods?
I haven't installed this mod yet in my JSGME version of the game, so I am not sure where it usually asks you to install it to. If you hadn't made the first folder a 'File's folder, then the mod will install to your route-rolder IIRC ;)

redbat

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 11:27:07 AM »

Hi philip.ed, Thank you for your reply.

I don't have any JSGME-mods folder, only a jsgmemods folder. I don't think I'm following your idea, I guess my english is not so good.

Here is the root describing the content of the "Sabre Cockpits from Freddy for HSFX/UP" folder:
   C:\Program Files\IL-2 Ultra Pack\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\jsgmemods\Freddy_Cockpits_Sabres_HSFX_UP\3do\cockpit\F-86

I noticed that inside the Ultr@Pack folder there is a similar way, like this:

C:\Program Files\IL-2 Ultra Pack\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Ultr@Pack\3do\cockpit...... where all the other planes are in.

So, when you say:
   "If you hadn't made the first folder a 'File's folder, then the mod will install to your route-rolder IIRC ;)"
   Do you mean I must first create manually a folder named F-86 inside the cockpit folder?

Thank you very much

redbat

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »

No, that didn't work either. I created manually a F-86 folder inside the cockpit folder and it installed again in the Il-2 main folder  :(

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 11:54:16 AM »

redbat, put the Freddy's Cockpit folder in your Mods folder, don't try to use it with JSGME. So, it'll read IL-2 Ultra Pack\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\Freddy_Cockpits_Sabres_HSFX_UP\3do\cockpit\F-86
try that, and let us know. get back to me, please, because i'm also going to split these last posts of your into a new topic in Tech Help, i don't want to fill this guide thread up with one person's problem.... ;)

edit: okay, me and crazyflak seemed to be quite in sync on this one.... :D ;D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

redbat

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 12:11:34 PM »

HUURRAAHH!!! IT WORKS!!! :)

"If you want this to work on jsgme, you need to create a "files" folder inside "Freddy's_cockpit_sabres_HSFX_UP" and then drag the 3do folder and all the classfiles into it. Ready to jsgme use!"

OOOHH!! That's what philip.ed was trying to tell me!! to create that "Files" folder!!

I really suck!! My english sometimes makes me go around and around, like a scratched vinyl record, cracking my mind!

Okay guys, thank you very much on this one ;)

philip.ed

• The Real Dim Shady
  • Guess who's back?

HUURRAAHH!!! IT WORKS!!! :)

"If you want this to work on jsgme, you need to create a "files" folder inside "Freddy's_cockpit_sabres_HSFX_UP" and then drag the 3do folder and all the classfiles into it. Ready to jsgme use!"

OOOHH!! That's what philip.ed was trying to tell me!! to create that "Files" folder!!

I really suck!! My english sometimes makes me go around and around, like a scratched vinyl record, cracking my mind!

Okay guys, thank you very much on this one ;)

That's what I said before, but don't worry! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.