Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Palau V2 and airfield : DL link july-18-2010 !  (Read 31854 times)

redko

Re: Palau V2 and airfield : DL link july-18-2010 !
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »

In case you didn't know but Dancing Bear is retexturing the Berlin map already. I like the way he adds snow on the fields.
Images here:

http://forum.aviaskins.com/showthread.php?t=1609&page=4

Nop, just discovered this thanks. Nice effect indeed. I will see if it could be used for movies too. I need a photo realistic Berlin from high altitude for a movie. For play it's different, ormal textures can be enough.

redko

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »

If i have time i will post this week end a Palau without any painted house or roads as requested by Bao.

Maybe other guys would enjoy this too.

Bao

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 07:45:54 AM »

Yes redko,that would be nice of you  :) I like the water textures,also phototexture of jungle on this map but this houses/asphalt/junkyard spots are quite disturbing.

best regards

Bao

redko

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 04:00:02 AM »

Yes redko,that would be nice of you  :) I like the water textures,also phototexture of jungle on this map but this  spots are quite disturbing.

best regards

Bao

Ok don't worry i haven't forgotten...just a matter of time.  ;). I will delete all houses/asphalt/junkyard  ;)

Murph

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 08:11:53 AM »

Redko, I love this map, but I have one problem; I have a pretty good PC and graphics card, but the wave animation is killing my frame rates. would it be possible to have a "light" or "online" version of the map with just the new land textures?
I know you put many hours of work into this so I hate being critical, but right now it's only useful to me as a sightseeing map.

redko

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2010, 10:37:15 AM »

Redko, I love this map, but I have one problem; I have a pretty good PC and graphics card, but the wave animation is killing my frame rates. would it be possible to have a "light" or "online" version of the map with just the new land textures?
I know you put many hours of work into this so I hate being critical, but right now it's only useful to me as a sightseeing map.

Did you try with Bombsaway new shallow texture ? It helps for Fps. I know some people seems to have fps troubles with that map depending of the graphic card. For information my old geforce 8800 gt 512mo runned without any problem in that map, even in battle situation. Know i have a gforce 470 is better of course. If you have an ati CG, try to put down aniso filtering and anti alias no more than X2 each.

The other thing is to index the textures. If you have photoshop or gimp, just open each texture, and in pic otions save as "indexed". This will turn 3mo textures into 1mo, which can be better for some pc. For the shallow texture, you can also save it after having indexed it into 512x512 resolution instead of 1024x1024 i'm using. If i remember well BombsAway's shallow texture for this map is in 512x512.... ::)

Maybe this could help you. To let you know the truth, i don't see what else more, this map behave very differently depending of CG as i noticed some troubles sometimes.

I will post later a new version without roads and painted houses, all textures will be edited. I can't do more than that.

Murph

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 09:20:30 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do. I have really been enjoying your map repaints.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »

Mister Redko your an amazing map artist.
Congratulations on another fine map! I defenitly have to try this one.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Borsch

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 06:14:50 PM »

Does this work in UP2.01? I've successfully got (stunning!) redko's Afrika (MTO, SandsofTime, Desert) maps running and even completed FlatspinMan's Afrika! campaign on them, but now I wanted to try the other "oldie but goldie" campaign that uses Palau Online - "Castaways" and no go :(

I renamed the redko_palau folder into Palau folder, like the great man suggested, I tried just running everything as default (ie "redko_palau")- same result. The all.ini does have both lines that it supposed to have. I deleted the House section in .mis for all missions and anyway I got the same error when I tried loading Palau or Palau Online in FMB

Heres the screen of the error:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

redko

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »

Maybe a problem of name file. This map is already on UP. Are you using that one or did you download the map again at sas? Ccause the map file structure may be different between UP as the donwloadable map here.

Chek the in the ".mis" file in of the missions you are trying to play: the name of the map there has to be the same than the map folder name you downloaded.

KENZO

• "For your freedom and ours" - 303 Sqn.
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »

First - thank You Redko for the wonderful Palau map!  ;D

I have one question - in the version of your map in DBW Palau - I set the missions - attack on the Japanese airfield on Peleliu - but there is no airstrip! Seemingly it is but does not show the texture of the runway - you can see just a green jungle like throughout the whole island. How can I fix this?  How can I update them in the DBW on this map?

I downloaded the map from this post, "Palau V2 and airfield," and I added a folder "Palau" like this: #DBW/MapMods/Maps/_Tex/redko_Tex/Palau - which contains the texture of the runway - but it still does not show it in the QMBPro in DBW...  :(

THX for any helpful reply!  ;)

yeikov

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »

Hi Kenzo,

I think you need also to make sure the load.ini calls that texture. You can try putting the complete "redko_Palau" and "_Tex" folders from tis thread in "MAPMODS/maps". With the original load.ini and textures the runway should be back   ;D

Y.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 27 queries.