Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Years of Triumph for BAT - WIP!  (Read 25132 times)

Panter

Re: Years of Triumph for BAT - WIP!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 03:59:40 AM »

Poltava.   Thank you for  yourgreat work to convert l your   wonderful  campaigns to BAT.  I think, it is a lot of work and it will consume a  lot of time.  Again BIG  THANKS :) :)

markino

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 01:45:31 AM »

Great job Poltava!! I can not wait to play this amazing campaign!! ]wav[

Ciao!

Marco

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2019, 03:18:23 PM »

The conversion work continues! The North Sea Battles segment is finished. Depicted in 3 missions is the fighting over and around the North Sea coast of Germany during the autumn of 1939, after the defeat of Poland. At this stage of the war only the Royal Navy and the RAF was fully engaged in combat against Germany, Bomber Command sending in their bombers in daring (but costly) daytime raids on military targets, mainly connected with the Kriegsmarine. In this campaign segment you will conseqently meet early war RAF aircraft (Wellingtons, Bostons, Blenheims and Swordfish). You are based on a coastal airstrip and patrolling German airspace against these enemy incursions. You will fly the Bf109-E1, a rather substantial improvement over the Bf109-D you flew over Poland. The weather is often lousy. Some of the missions uses C&C randomizers. The map used is Nordsee by Waggle. Some screenies:

Scramble! Indianer off the coast!

British bombers paying dearly for attacking during daytime

Patrolling the German coastline

Protecting returning U-Boats against Royal Navy attackers

Thanks for looking  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 04:13:48 AM »

looking very promising Poltava, with your 'storyboard' and the BAT features this will be a very impressive campaign. Many thanks in advance

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 08:59:14 AM »

looking very promising Poltava, with your 'storyboard' and the BAT features this will be a very impressive campaign. Many thanks in advance

Thanks for appreciation! :) The work will go on!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 11:43:40 AM »

Eagerly waiting!
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 02:52:02 AM »

Eagerly waiting!

Please do: I am counting on you as a playtester. Will get in touch soon!

Another thing: I'm still amazed over the performance. I keep adding aircraft to missions that already has quite a few, and with a target-rich environment (and big clouds) the FPS still stay at my max, 60. This is great. Only time I see a reductions in FPS is on takeoff and landing when there are a lot of ground objects in view, and then it drops to the high 30-ies. And that is no problem, as long as you just see 60 60 60 60 during the dogfights!  :) BAT 3.6 really rules!

The real test will of course be the Battle of Britain campaign segment, with the sky full of aircraft, not least bombers spraying tracers in all directions. But I feel pretty confident that this will work!  ;)

David Prosser

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 05:21:42 AM »

I'm up for some play testing. I remember the 4.10 version from when I was in Korea circa 2011.

cheers

David

arquillos

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »

I´d like to beta-test the campaign too ;)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2019, 12:44:00 PM »

Guys, you are ON! Excellent. I will PM you.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »

The Sitzkrieg segment is finished. Depicted in 4 missions is the fighting over the Franco-German border in the winter of 1939-40, during the so called "Phoney War", or, a it was called in Germany: the "Sitzkrieg". There were many clashes in the air during this period, as both sides tried to gauge the other ones intentions by frequent recce flights, and the other side tried to prevent all incursions by staging patrols and aggressive fighter sweeps. You are based in a regular German airbase outside Trier, just behind the Siegfried Line. Your main opponent is the French airforce, and you will conseqently meet of their aircraft, which range from mediocre to superb (MS.406, Curtiss Hawk, Potez 630, MB.152). Most missions are small-scale, but one of them shows a real BIG clash - as in real life during this period. Do not underestimate the French! Many of their pilots and their machines are first rate. You will fly the Bf109-E3, yet another improved version, now with among other things a much heavier armament. Some of the missions uses C&C ground controls. The map used is the epic West Front (winter) by GilB57. Some screenies:

Horrido! Yet another kill!

Warming up in the cold weather - the winter of 1939-40 was VERY cold!

The French are dangerous opponents, but can be outfought

One mission results in a really big "furball" type of dogfight!

Thanks for looking and for your continued support!  :)

David Prosser

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2019, 06:26:41 PM »

Cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 27 queries.