Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bomb bay doors  (Read 1873 times)

Ta183Huckebein

• FAC #17
  • Modder
  • aka "Raven"
Bomb bay doors
« on: May 05, 2019, 01:39:10 PM »

I'm in a squad that flies 4.09 UP 2.01 online

Our search for mods that might be interesting/fill a gap for our flightline has led to some hiccups, and I thought I'd ask if there's a fix:

Certain aircraft with internal bomb-bays don't correctly function (Mainly the Stirling and B7A1), i.e, the bay doors don't open when the open/close key-bind is pressed, and don't just open automatically when the bomb release button is pressed (like certain others will).

This is obviously a problem connected to how "regular" 4.09 installs don't have the "open/close bomb-bay" control, so they aren't coded for it, whereas UP 2.01 does.

My question is regarding whether or not there's a fix/workaround for this, and how easy it would be to apply to any given airplane that we might have such a problem with in the future.

Thanks in advance,

Ta183Huckebein aka "OC-Raven"

Flamer50

• 'Tracers work both ways.'
    • photobucket.com
Re: Bomb bay doors
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 02:27:11 PM »

Not sure if this will solve your problem but it might be worth a try:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zs3d3e4jnjbtp4u/BombBayDoors_Plus_2_5_3.rar/file

Good Luck, Bwf.

'The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.'

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: Bomb bay doors
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 02:46:42 PM »

Unfortunately, this mod only adds P2V and SM.79 to the list of aircraft that must open the bombs bay doors to drop the bombs.

For the 409, the principle is simple.
The names of aircraft with bomb bay doors to open should be added to the existing list.
This list is in Java Class "AircraftHotKeys" and then see "private boolean hasBayDoors()" !
The problem is that this Class is sometimes customized for a 409 ModAct or Up2 or others versions 409 !
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 27 queries.