Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TGA AVRO Bison Campaign  (Read 2823 times)

gio963tto

• Modder
  • My drawn
TGA AVRO Bison Campaign
« on: March 30, 2019, 07:02:14 AM »

**Moderator note:
**This campaign needs several complex mods manually installed on top of BAT to work

Furious's Bison
The Avro Bison was an RN spotting plane, one of the ugliest aircraft of the era, rarely performed the task for which it was designed,
never saw known war actions, for this reason I wanted to do this campaign of an otherwise unusable airplane .
For the more experienced, by opening the various FMB missions and replacing the Bison with the Osprey, you can play with another unrecognized 1930s airplane.
I apologize in advance for the complexity of the installation of this campaign but I wanted to use many of my Mods fallen into oblivion, for my personal gratification, dedicated to ships of the 1930s.

!!!!Read the readme very carefully!!!

URL for D/L :https://www.mediafire.com/file/ni9tiuhe5waz8he/Spot_on_HMS-Furious.7z/file

Greetins Gio.

Vampire_pilot

Re: TGA AVRO Bison Campaign
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 07:26:40 AM »

this sounds extraordinary!

Cafs

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 09:41:21 AM »

Looks interesting, thanks for (all) your work.
Your planes and ships are very appreciated, and generally unique.

Ciao,
Carlos.

mechanic

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 02:09:58 PM »

Gio,
Thanks for this. I sort of got the campaign running in BAT 3.5 TGA. The Bison is there and I imported the HMS Furious Ship without a problem and could fly the first mission to the carrier subject to a note that I was missing a coupled of DD. I imported the HMS-VW class destroyers from a download of your HMS-VWclass.rar but after editing the various .ini's my system crashes at 70% load. I must be missing something but I can't make out what - or where to find any missing objects or necessary mods. My log is attached and hoping you can give me some direction:

Code: [Select]
(Spawn.java:39)
at com.maddox.rts.Spawn.get(Spawn.java:28)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.preloadAirClasses(Main.java:214)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1540)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1475)
at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.beginApp(MainWin3D.java:212)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:405)
at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java:235)
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSVivienDD1929'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSVanocDD1941'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSVerityDD1941'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSWorcesterDD1942'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke24'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke25'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke26'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke24'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke25'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.stationary.Smoke$Smoke26'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSVivienDD1929'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSVanocDD1941'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSVerityDD1941'
No spawner for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSWorcesterDD1942'
PlMisChief: property 'speed' NOT found in class 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSVivienDD1929
java.lang.RuntimeException: PlMisChief: property 'speed' NOT found in class 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSVivienDD1929
at com.maddox.il2.builder.PlMisChief$Item.<init>(PlMisChief.java:107)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.PlMisChief.configure(PlMisChief.java:636)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.Plugin.loadAll(Plugin.java:152)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.Builder.<init>(Builder.java:3214)
at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUIBuilder.<init>(GUIBuilder.java:90)
at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUI.create(GUI.java:166)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1779)
Main begin: java.lang.RuntimeException: PlMisChief: property 'speed' NOT found in class 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSVivienDD1929
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: PlMisChief: property 'speed' NOT found in class 'com.maddox.il2.objects.ships.Shipgio$HMSVivienDD1929
at com.maddox.il2.builder.PlMisChief$Item.<init>(PlMisChief.java:119)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.PlMisChief.configure(PlMisChief.java:636)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.Plugin.loadAll(Plugin.java:152)
at com.maddox.il2.builder.Builder.<init>(Builder.java:3214)
at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUIBuilder.<init>(GUIBuilder.java:90)
at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUI.create(GUI.java:166)
at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:1779)
[Mar 31, 2019 7:53:11 PM] -------------- END log session -------------

Thanks again,

mechanic

gio963tto

• Modder
  • My drawn
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 04:54:12 PM »

try to use classcheck in tga if it indicates numerous possible contrasts between the files after making a backup of the Classes-ObjectsShip folder, replace it with the one present in "For a simplified installation" or delete all the duplicates in Classes-ObjectsShip because if you keep them they don't work the ships.

Explanation; in Classes-ObjectsShip there are the class dedicated to MOD made by me with the collaboration of Western, probably some of them are progessive and contain according to the versions the names of the various mods of ships, those installed in Classes-ObjectsShip contain only some of the older the last ships, as output, were the E-class the V / W class and the U-class submarine for which deleting the Files in Shipgio the most recent ones are canceled.
Gio.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 07:59:48 AM »

This campaign needs a lot of mods manually installed on top of BAT to work.

This should be made more clear in the opening post maybe, particular which mods you need in addition to a regular BAT to play this campaign.

Also, the download provides a lot of BAT ini files that will be obsolete with the next BAT iteration and will cause confusion from that point on when people start overwriting stuff and suddenly change game content and maybe even break their BAT installations because of future incompatibility. This may work in 3.5 now but what about future packs?

This method of delivery is a bit of a stretch, as the original idea behind these sub forums was to provide campaigns that work with a regular BAT and its content.

That being said, the additional content looks interesting and will be looked at for a future integration into BAT maybe :)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 01:59:14 PM »

We need more ships definitely 😁

mechanic

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 02:06:44 PM »

While I have to agree that editing the files per Gio's instructions and identifying the various mods is not for the faint of heart, with back-up, back-up and then back-up it was fun trying to make it work. I don't personally mind re-editing ini's, files and folders when the next iteration of BAT arrives, and Gio's choice of weather effects and cloud cover alone are worth the try (but back-up).  In this particular case, after checking/removing class conflicts etc. I still had the 70% crash. As I couldn't make the DD's show up as designed without suffering a crash, I decided to go into FMB and edit in existing DD's from BAT. Per Griffon's comment we do need more ships in BAT TGA, as I could not find any substitute British DD's in TGA ship objects to replace what was called for in the mission file.  (I do note that the DD's referred to in Gio's .mis file can be found in WAW ship objects in FMB). In the interest of providing protection to the carrier (but really just to provide 'screening' atmosphere on landing) I edited in two early US DDs (USS Dent - pre-lend lease? ;D) from the available TGA ship objects.  So all is fun, so all is good.

The breadth of talent and scope of help in this community is truly exceptional, and I thank everyone for their help and patience as I continue to learn my way around the innards of this sim.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 08:06:44 AM »

Gio, I am a great fan of yours, and I will try and use as many of your truly GREAT mods as possible, so that they will not be forgotten!

Thanks for your great contribution to this community! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 27 queries.