Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: GREENHELL 1942 (Eastern New Guinea and New Britain WIP)  (Read 59926 times)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
Re: GREENHELL 1942 (Eastern New Guinea and New Britain WIP)
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2020, 01:07:36 AM »

I have not installed this map yet but just by looking at it I can tell that this folder structure in the rar never gonna work, you have to rearrange the whole thing.

You dont need a "++Green Hell 1943++" folder and the "Green_Hell_1943" folder should be inside a Maps folder (#WAW3/MAPMODS/Maps/Green_Hell_1943), same goes for the "_Tex" folder.

The "mods" folder is also not required, its contents should be placed directly into #WAW3 (#WAW3/Static_Ground_Green_Hell, #WAW3/fps_friendly_palm_trees).
The folder structure of the Darkened_trees_for_Green_hell_map is also wrong, it has two extra level of folders.

You will also need the missing objects from reply #246 of this topic in order to be able to save missions on this map.

I also noticed that the load.ini has 'desert' setting for camouflage, it should be 'pacific'.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2020, 09:22:20 AM »

I reworked this map a little bit:
https://ulozto.net/file/vwvgs4gWqMuM/mapmods-green-hell-7z

- corrected folder structure
- all textures bump mapped
- dark textures made lighter
- removed fps killing palmtree concentrations around Milne bay and Rabaul (the fps-friendly-palm trees mod does not do anything)
- navmap improvements
- fixed the white dots around the edges of all airfield textures
- fixed missing cloudsnoise texture
- resized the few 2048 textures to 1024 which prevented the map from working without extra mod

Extract to your game folder and add the included ini entries.
For BAT you will also need the missing objects from reply #246 of this topic.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2020, 03:25:35 PM »

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2020, 06:06:03 PM »

What kind of trees? The layered forest cover? If so, I like that notion. Indeed, a little while back I essentially 'converted' the heavily forested areas to the layered forest textures.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2020, 01:01:29 AM »

No, to me adding layered forest would take days and it would change the look of the map.
I added .tree files to the Jungle_0*.tga's, so with forest=3 in the conf.ini you will get autogenerated trees on those textures. People with forest=2 in their conf.ini will not see a change. I just wanted some vegatation on some of the empty textures. I did not add more to other textures because I did not want any trees in the water, which is a common problem.

mechanic

« Reply #269 on: February 02, 2020, 06:33:27 PM »

I tried using this map in BAT 3.8 with all the add-ons and ini's to date. The static ini checker is clean, no objects missing. It ran fine in 3.7 but in 3.8 it will load the map and it will even load a 3.7 version FMB mission, but for some reason it now automatically removes the ticked check in the player box in the properties tab. It will fly this 3.7 mission and will recognize player input, but when I quit the mission and edit in a new object it won't save the revised mission and then won't reload the previously loaded 3.7 version FMB mission. Nor will it save a new mission. When I quit the FMB, the screen displays a blue on blue blank screen and freezes.  I stripped out all the Green Hell ini's, folders and files and will try a new install and generate a loglst if it fails once again, but I thought I would just ask if anyone else has tried this map in BAT 3.8 with success?

haxordie

« Reply #270 on: February 11, 2020, 04:33:41 PM »

I wish there was a good campaign for this one, looks great.

mechanic

« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2020, 11:18:26 PM »

Must have been something I ate. A clean install of the map using VPMedia's version with more trees, various static entries, xtra_buildings and path_KDP now works fine in my BAT 3.8.

Mechanic

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2020, 03:49:26 AM »

An odd thing... My cirrus cloud texture is doubled up, with two images slightly offset from each other. Like suffering double vision. This seems to occur everywhere on the map. And it occurs whether I use a 1024 or a 2048 pixel TGA (more obviously seen with the higher resolution graphic because it's less blurred). I don't see this happen for any other map I have. Could it have to do with the large map size? Or could it result from some odd map dimension, it not being a neat multiple of some base number?

Anyone else seeing this? If you use a sky texture having little fine detail, it might not be so apparent.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2020, 01:48:02 PM »

which modpack?

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2020, 05:00:35 PM »

Istvan,
4.12.2 Modact 5.3, with flyable AI planes. And a bunch of manually added mods.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #275 on: February 20, 2020, 04:58:04 AM »

my cirrus clouds layer setup in vpmodpack is different, imho you should get stock clouds with my map update in SAS modact
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 27 queries.