Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: GREENHELL 1942 (Eastern New Guinea and New Britain WIP)  (Read 59927 times)

WxTech

• Modder
Re: GREENHELL 1942 (Eastern New Guinea and New Britain WIP)
« Reply #252 on: January 11, 2020, 10:29:31 PM »

Sik,
Those objects you report missing are included in this folder:

++Green Hell 1943++\mods\STATIC_GROUND_Green_Hell

You must copy this stuff over. If you've copied this folder to your MODS folder (or whatever it's named), and you've copied the required new entries from the included "add to static.ini" file to your static.ini file, then the last thing to do is to restart the game if you added the mod while the game was running.

Note that this mod completely replaces the older version. If you had installed the original, you will already have in your static.ini most of the required objects (mostly runway plates). It's OK to have duplicate entries of objects in static.ini; extras are essentially ignored. (But I myself strive to have no duplicates, searching for any possible same-named objects and deleting the dupes.)

Incidentally, in the aforementioned mods folder are two other mods I created. One for simpler, fps-friendly palm trees, and the other being a darker texture for the '3-D' trees. You need not install these; they're completely optional.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Sikshoota

« Reply #253 on: January 11, 2020, 11:31:57 PM »

Thanks for helping out WxTech, the map now saves in fmb.

The error was all mine, I thought I'd placed those files in my mod folder but in fact I hadn't.
The folder 'STATIC_GROUND_Green_Hell' was in my mods folder sure enough...but that was the first static ground Green Hell folder which of course, didn't have those objects!

My bad!  :-[

Once again, Thanks a lot
S'
Sik

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2020, 05:47:28 AM »

Happy new year everybody!
After a very long time we are pleased to announce the release of our map Green Hell 1943. This map has been extended to include New Ireland and Admiralty islands (Manus) on 1/1 scale.
Long researches have permitted to add many emergency airstrips and some new main airfields like Tsili Tsili, Kavieng, Madang, Gavuvu, Lorengau, Kiriwina and Dobodura complex...

Many thanks for your continued efforts - a truly superb map!

best regards to you and the team

Sikshoota

« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2020, 06:32:03 PM »

Hi All
Since I corrected my 'missing objects' install oversight during the Green Hell 1943 installation, I am now enjoying overlooking all terrain & airfields and the scenery is pretty outstanding!  However, there appears to be something wrong with the following...

Please note that these observations only appear North from (the entire upper map section, but excluding the Saidor airstrip parallel (approx 57-58 Easting & AA-ZZ Northing on the map).  Saidor and all below looks excellent (except Wau airstrip which seems offset).  Of course, there is always the possibility of these anomalies being either my own eyesight or due to some error of mine (unlikely this time I hope!).

Observations:

ocean unlevel, noticeably around Hoskins (Gavuvu) airstrip, which itself is in the ocean.
scattered trees in the ocean (spaced apart as opposed to an intended 'Swamp like' appearance)
airfields seemingly offset from their originaly intended* locations (*compared to the first Green Hell map, assuming that's where the mapmaker intended?).

Another strange finding...

I can set the 3 airbases in FMB, L-R Bena Bena, Kaiapit & Wantoat, circled yellow below, however when I use the test mission in (multiplayer mode...probably irrelevant), those three bases do not appear when all others I set do?

I hope someone is able to find that there are no anomalies and that my findings wrong for the sake of the map makers great efforts to date.

Cheers
S'
Sikshoota

some pics...

Hoskins (Gavuvu) airstrip in the ocean

Hoskins looking SW

Wau

North of Saidor anomalies area, incl 3 non functional Home Bases.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2020, 08:45:00 PM »

Sik,
The runway positional anomalies result from your using older plates. Some have changed, with the position within the square texture border offset notably sometimes. Wau is one such, which also has a network of roads added around the buildings to the NW of the strip.

Even though many plates are unchanged, better to replace all older plates.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2020, 08:52:50 PM »

I can't find your "Hoskins, looking SW" location; nothing nearby looks like the hill profile in your pic. In any event, I've not seen any odd sea level bumps anywhere yet.

Sikshoota

« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2020, 09:14:05 PM »

Thanks WxTech, I'll dig deeper, maybe even uninstall the older Green Hell 1942 as well as Green Hell 1943 and all associated objects.  I'll then try a fresh clean install & see how that goes.
Your help is much appreciated.
S'
Sik

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2020, 12:25:55 PM »

This looks a awesome map from what I can see in the editor, unfortunately it will not save for me and yet I have added each of the objects others were having issues with and the universal static checker is not declaring any problems. :o

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #260 on: January 15, 2020, 02:34:38 AM »

If the USIC doesnt work, I'd try to load the map in unlocked fmb and then check the log.
Btw, which modpack are you using?

Hybrid2002

« Reply #261 on: January 19, 2020, 12:11:24 PM »

Hello everyone Im trying to install this map on B.A.T 3.7.2 and this comes up on the FMB. As it loads its just grey screen with the words     section [MAP2D] not found in 'maps/Green_Hell_1943/load.ini
at the bottom left corner.

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2020, 08:21:27 PM »

Hello everyone Im trying to install this map on B.A.T 3.7.2 and this comes up on the FMB. As it loads its just grey screen with the words     section [MAP2D] not found in 'maps/Green_Hell_1943/load.ini

Have you installed the folder correctly?

Hybrid2002

« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2020, 04:42:26 PM »

Have you installed the folder correctly?

Im sure I installed in #waw3 and added the all and static as well the files into the correct areas. Plus the airfields are also in the objects.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.