Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Down

Author Topic: GREENHELL 1942 (Eastern New Guinea and New Britain WIP)  (Read 60328 times)

WxTech

• Modder
Re: GREENHELL 1942 (Eastern New Guinea and New Britain WIP)
« Reply #192 on: July 24, 2019, 05:46:49 PM »

Perhaps consideration of every variable is in order. One thing which I've always had problems with is the presence of objects in the [House] section of a .mis file. These objects are short alpha-numeric codes of something like four or a half dozen characters, the meaning of which I am clueless. ;) If I can't fly a mission and find these things present, deleting them solves the issue.

Now, for my own self-made missions nothing (thus far) ever ends up being written to the [House] section. These things have only ever been present in missions I've downloaded in campaigns.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Marat

« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2019, 01:23:10 AM »

My God!

This is very complecated for a simple user. Better to abandon the idea to use this beautiful map  :)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2019, 07:11:58 PM »

My God!

This is very complecated for a simple user. Better to abandon the idea to use this beautiful map  :)
Well, this is just the WIP version. 

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2019, 04:55:41 AM »

Perhaps consideration of every variable is in order. One thing which I've always had problems with is the presence of objects in the [House] section of a .mis file. These objects are short alpha-numeric codes of something like four or a half dozen characters, the meaning of which I am clueless. ;) If I can't fly a mission and find these things present, deleting them solves the issue.

Now, for my own self-made missions nothing (thus far) ever ends up being written to the [House] section. These things have only ever been present in missions I've downloaded in campaigns.

However, the big problem here is that no mission is created; nothing happens when the save mission button is pressed - so there is no .mis file to analyse.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2019, 09:51:43 AM »

The *only* thing I'm aware of which results in no mission save in spite of a map successfully loading in the FMB is one or more missing objects.

I wonder if the static.ini has an entry (or entries) there all right, but no corresponding  object(s) present in an SFS file or somewhere in /MODS/.

Does (or can) log.lst, or the console (SHF TAB while the map is open) give any hints to this?
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Marat

« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2019, 02:19:31 PM »

This is for the first time I experience the problem when after successful checking the object with static ini checker the map does not allow to save a mission. No such problems occurred with other maps for me before. The maps with missing objects could be loaded in FMB (that's true), but in case any missing object of course the mission could not be saved. Then checker showed what object(s) was/were missing. After installation of all missing objects and checking again with checker, the missions could be saved. The situation with this beuatiful map is very strange for me. Of course I am not a professional and am very far from understanding of how the maps work, but I have no idea how to solve the issue :)

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2019, 07:47:37 AM »

@Marat:
Static.ini checker compares only static.ini file with actors.static file. There is still the possibility that not all files writen in actors.static file are really present in 3do folders. This must be checked manually, and files present in static.ini must be added into 3do folders. Otherwise the missions will not save.

Marat

« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2019, 01:02:05 PM »

Hey! Nice to meet you!  :)

And at last this is the cause! I do not have thiis Mesh 3do/airfield_KDP/Path1/CountryLong_{0}/mono.sim. No airfield_KDP, no Path1 and no CountryLong_{0}/mono.sim. And do not know where to get them

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2019, 02:13:25 PM »

And at last this is the cause! I do not have thiis Mesh 3do/airfield_KDP/Path1/CountryLong_{0}/mono.sim. No airfield_KDP, no Path1 and no CountryLong_{0}/mono.sim. And do not know where to get them

As a quick test you could try this -

I assume you have a 3do file inside your Mapmods folder? If not just make one (ie New Folder and rename to 3do)

Then inside 3do make new folder and name it airfield_KDP; then inside this make new folder and name it Path1 etc.

So you have the folders going down Mapmods/3do/airfield_KDP/path1/CountryLong_(0)/

then copy a .sim file from somewhere and rename it "mono", then put it inside Country_Long(0) folder
next copy a mesh file from somewhere and rename it "Body", then put it inside Country_Long(0) folder
Maybe copy these from Geezer Objects/SmallCrate

This should perhaps make a fake object so the map can save.
If memory serves me correctly I think the object is a small piece of pathway that can be joined to make a longer path, but not sure.

This may not be the only problem

MOUSQUITO

« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2019, 04:38:36 PM »

Hi all,
Thanks for keeping this tread alive during holidays!
I did not have so much time this week but I feel so sorry about Marat's issues I searched for KDP paths.
They don't appear anywhere in sfs files or SAS folder (absolute mystery for me) but I found them in an old up_objects01.sfs in my computer...

So here you are:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/agfrpgbos1h214m/3do.rar/file

add to static.ini

//===========================================================================
[***]
Title Path_KDP
//===========================================================================

[buildings.Plate$Path1CountryLong]
Title           CountryLong_{0}
Mesh            3do/airfield_KDP/Path1/CountryLong_{0}/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$Path1Country]
Title           Country_{-1}
Mesh            3do/airfield_KDP/Path1/Country_{-1}/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$Path1CountryShort]
Title           CountryShort_{-2}
Mesh            3do/airfield_KDP/Path1/CountryShort_{-2}/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$Path1CountryCorner]
Title           CountryCorner_{-3}
Mesh            3do/airfield_KDP/Path1/CountryCorner_{-3}/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$Path1CountryTurn15]
Title           CountryTurn15_{-4}
Mesh            3do/airfield_KDP/Path1/CountryTurn15_{-4}/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$Path1CountryTurn30]
Title           CountryTurn30_{-6}
Mesh            3do/airfield_KDP/Path1/CountryTurn30_{-6}/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$Path2CountryTurn45]
Title           CountryTurn45_{-5}
Mesh            3do/airfield_KDP/Path2/CountryTurn45_{-5}/mono.sim

[buildings.Plate$Path1CountryEnd]
Title           CountryEnd_{-7}
Mesh            3do/airfield_KDP/Path1/CountryEnd_{-7}/mono.sim

Hope you will at least enjoy flying over New Guinea, Marat ;)

Special thanks and congratulations to WxTech for your incredible improvements on airfields edges !!!
My next goal is to draw rivers deep in mountainous areas, it's coming fine but the process is very slow.

See you in a few days for some news,
Cheers, Yann

MOUSQUITO

« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2019, 03:38:01 AM »

Watut river, Marilinan area

Marat

« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2019, 11:33:59 AM »

Now the log shows the following file missing

INTERNAL ERROR: MeshObj: Can't load SIM 3do/airfield_KDP/Path2/CountryTurn45_{-5}/mono.sim  :-X

Eh, and where to find this one again? Sorry for my disturbing  :-X
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 25 queries.