Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultrapack 3 RC4 Megapatch  (Read 8913 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Ultrapack 3 RC4 Megapatch
« on: February 05, 2019, 07:55:30 AM »

Dear Ultrapack 3 users

This "Megapatch" is meant to act as an alternative to the already released Complete UP3RC4, with latest selectors Superpack.
In contrast to the previously released "Complete UP3RC4", this "Megapatch" works independently of the base game version currently installed.
This means: Any working IL-2 1946 base game installation will do.
If you managed to mess up your UP3 game, or you want to come back from let's say 4.13.4 to UP3, or you just started with the original 1946 disk installation: Fine.
As long as you can run the Stock IL-2 1946 game from that installation, you're set to use this "Megapatch".

Things to consider before you use this Megapatch:

The Ultrapack 3 RC4 Megapatch is meant to tidy up your game and leave you with a clean, lean and mean Ultrapack 3 RC4 installation.
This means that it will not just add content to your game, it will also delete things that don't belong to a clean Ultrapack 3 RC4 game.
Any of these will get wiped off your game folder when you apply this Megapatch to it:
  • "Old" existing UP3 stuff, like "#UP#" folder and all it's contents, "jsgme" folder and all it's contents, all "sasup_*.sfs" files and all "up_*.sfs".
    If you've had mods installed either from jsgme or to your #UP# folder directly and you want to keep them with you, copy the "#UP#" and/or "jsgme" folder(s) to a safe place when running this Megapatch.
    If you just want to have a fresh UP3 RC4 installation, you don't need to care for all of this.
  • Any other modpack contents, e.g. "MODS", "FILES", "#SAS", "#DBW", "#DBW_1916" folders will be deleted.
  • Any BAT related stuff, like "#WAW", "#WAW2", "#WAW3" (and any other module) folders, "BAT00", "BAT01" etc., "BATDEV", "BATDOCS", "BATMODS", "00-READMES", "SFS_AUTO" etc. will be deleted.
  • Any SFS files from game versions after 4.10.1 will be deleted - you don't need no 4.13.4 SFS files with UP3.

Please note that as scary as it sounds, it's safe.
The only thing you need to take care of is to store existing UP3 mods to a safe place in case you want to reinstall them later on.

Once installed, we recommend you proceed with the latest Ultrapack 3.x Update.

Installation Instruction: Download all 16 parts to the same folder, run the first part (it's an executable) and follow the installer's advices.

In other words:

Download Link (Mediafire):UP3 RC4 Megapatch
Mirror (OneDrive):UP3 RC4 Megapatch
Mirror (Mega):UP3 RC4 Megapatch

All Parts are interchangeable among the hosters.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Ultrapack 3 RC4 Megapatch
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 07:56:28 AM »

^^ Please note that Mediafire currently is somewhat buggy and takes forever on Upload Verification, therefore the Mediafire folder might seem incomplete for a while.
If you don't see all 16 parts, just use another hoster or the Torrent.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:21:23 AM »

Thanks Mike! Will direct my brother(s) here. They were asking about getting UP3 and joinnin the fun from time to time. This will make that easier!
cogito, ergo sum armatus

beeps

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 01:47:02 PM »

Thanks Mike!

I no longer fly '46, but if I did it would be UP3.

Bookmarked

Father Ted

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 12:47:22 PM »

Thanks for this Mike - I think I've fixed my game using this.  FWIW I downloaded the Steam version of the game, moved the entire folder to a different location and applied the MegaPatch.  Steam is a good way of getting a clean install (I had another game which stopped working and sorted that by getting the key and D/L from Steam), and the IL2 46 install can be moved from place to place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 27 queries.