Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings, and questions  (Read 870 times)

milvipes

• Modder
Greetings, and questions
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:42:26 AM »

Greetings, just started playing IL-2 1946 (GOG version) a couple of weeks ago, and I'm already into mission-building (FMB) & modding, but I soon ran into some challenges.
1. JSGME: what on earth is that? I can't find it anywhere in my IL-2 1946 folder.
2. MODS folder: doesn't come with one, do I have to create one myself?
3. MDS: it's completely missing in the FMB menu. How do I download & install it?
4. Ground-based radar (Obj. 78) not working: not a big problem in the Pacific (where you're never far from a boat), but a big issue in the Eastern Front, where you're often thousands of miles from the coast.
Thanks in advance!

whistler

• Modder
Re: Greetings, and questions
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 12:52:05 PM »

Welcome to the neighborhood milvipes.

First, if you plan to mod your IL-2, copy it outside of the Program Files folder. In example C:/Games/IL-2.

You will find mods around here are mostly advertised to work in earlier versions of IL-2. My recommendation is to go back from 4.13 to 4.12.2. You can use the Unpatcher for that.

Then you are ready to either:

A) Build your own modded IL-2 with your preferred mods (start by installing the Mod Activator)
B) User a super modpack such as B.A.T, VP-Modpack, or both! (in separate IL-2 folders)

You will get a copy of JSGME either way. Come back for more when you are ready :)
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

anitek

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 01:05:25 PM »

HI:
JSGME: what on earth is that? I can't find it anywhere in my IL-2 1946 folder
is the Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler - a mod manager that enables you to load and unload specific mods.
MODS folder: doesn't come with one, do I have to create one myself?
Depends on your version - I have 4.12.2 with appropriate patches and the VP modpack - my Mosa folder is called "#SAS" and everything goes in there when installed.
If you do a search here in SAS you will find a lot of posts and threads about all of these utilities
Since I use the VP Modpack mainly for WWII - I rarely activate JSGME mods - but other people here do a lot more idiosyncratic modding and missioneering than me.
I mainly make videos.  :)

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »

4. Ground-based radar (Obj. 78) not working: not a big problem in the Pacific (where you're never far from a boat), but a big issue in the Eastern Front, where you're often thousands of miles from the coast.

About Numbered Objects under "Objects" menu tree .....

They are NO Functional, NO Animation.
NO Radar function even named as Radar; NO Lighting even named as Lighthouse; NO Rotating even named Windmill or Watermill.
They stand on the ground as is. Visual Only == like an Eye-Candy.
They are called Static Object in internal programs or modding cases.

Stock / Modded functional units are stored under "Stationary Objects" menu.
Static or Stationary is the big difference in its treatment.
Static Object can be set on Maps in its default buildings or things.
But Stationary Object are impossible about it.
Stationary Object (like functional lighting , smoke , functional Commercial Radio tower and Military Radio Navigation House) has to be added in the mission.

milvipes

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 12:34:40 PM »

Thanks a bunch, I think I'll just learn to create a land-based radar on my own.
Already downloaded the mod pack, so far it works like charm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.