Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B-52D Linebacker II  (Read 3183 times)

SaS~JackS

• BUFF Driver
  • SAS Honourable Member
B-52D Linebacker II
« on: August 18, 2018, 01:47:35 AM »

Hello all. This is a simulated LB II mission using the 51st map in BAT Linebacker version. It has instructions in the brief.

Hope you enjoy. Any questions about B-52D procedures and I will post some info and personal photos.

Just extract the missions from the folder and put in your BAT Jetwar section.

Jack

EDIT: The second z file is a one bomber, night mission and much better.

Vampire_pilot

Re: B-52D Linebacker II
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 02:16:08 AM »

Hello all. This is a simulated LB II mission using the 51st map in BAT Linebacker version. It has instructions in the brief.

BAT LINEBACKER is not published yet.

But I think it will be real soon and this is a great first mission :)

SaS~JackS

• BUFF Driver
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 02:35:30 AM »

BAT LINEBACKER is not published yet.

But I think it will be real soon and this is a great first mission :)

My apologies. I forgot. By the way Andy, you have busted your butt on this and WELL DONE! I should also mention that the BUFF will have my new FM.

Jack

SaS~JackS

• BUFF Driver
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 03:54:10 PM »

To all who try this one. I just flew it using the new release of Linebacker. You will take a SAM hit in daylight with the current SA2. I suggest using the mission builder to remove the SA2s. You will notice that I made them fire in salvos of three (historical), hence the hit. For some fun, point them in different directions, reduce the number, etc. To really see what 108 500# look like, fly the mission so you arrive at the target at night.

Also, I suggest only one BUFF.

You can use your joystick with the modified FM as I do and use level stab a lot. In fact, we did use the autopilot as soon as we got stabilized in the climb. We were also at 33 -35,000 feet altitude but I guess I'm a purist and do not like the curved horizon we get at the upper levels. It's been that way since I got the original IL2 demo a long time ago.

A couple of facts on the actual B-52D:

Take off was with full flaps, the only USAF aircraft to have that procedure and may be still the only one as I believe the H model takes off that way.

If you are very observant, take a look at the EGT as you climb out. To keep it within limits, we were lucky to get 500 fpm because we had to reduce power. In this iteration of the BUFF FM or java (I do not write java), I could not keep it within limits in the current mission and still use the AP.

You can use 80% fuel for takeoff with the H, those lovely fan engines.

Oh, if you are damaged by the SA2, get over the Gulf of Tonkin and punch out, You will be rescued by those superb SAR guys.

30 August 2018

Jack

SaS~JackS

• BUFF Driver
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 04:45:09 AM »

I have added at the first post a new, more realistic mission. Enjoy.  :)

Jack

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 24 queries.