Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS BoX Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")  (Read 33759 times)

SAS~Ghost129er

• SAS Team
  • SAS Certified Lurk
Re: SAS BoX Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2020, 03:21:29 PM »

Means the server crashed, or, you crashed the server, did you crash INTO the server..? :))

lmao
Current activity: Giving his E46 330ci some TLC.

sniperton

« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2020, 05:13:39 PM »

Means the server crashed, or, you crashed the server, did you crash INTO the server..? :))
I'm sort of proud of it.  ;)
It was like being in a parallel universe.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2020, 11:32:55 PM »

You're right Ricky, I've just checked and DServer.exe indeed has locked up.
It still showed sniperton "online" right now, caused 100% CPU usage and didn't react to anything anymore.
This unfortunately is the single lockup case that is not covered by our "watchdog" yet, as from a process point of view everything is still responding properly.
I'll have to find a way to artificially identify this case in a reliable manner, without erratically restarting the server when it's actually still working properly.
That'll be a tough ride... the devs are less than unhelpful when it comes to DServer issues unfortunately.

One more thing mentioned by sniperton is mission related: There's an issue with the blue train that got introduced with the 4.008b update.
No idea what's going on there, but when the train has been killed for the first time, it respawns in a weird manner:
The locomotive appears at the 1st waypoint after the spawnpoint, 1 meter off the track, and the carriages are missing altogether.
Only happens to the german train - the russian one is okay - and only happened since the 4.008b update, without anything having been changed on mission side.

Considering the past results I'm not even bothered to consider reporting this at the il2sturmovik.com forums cause frankly that place is flooded with ignorance, naysayers and bootlickers.
I could as well print my bug reports on a roll of toilet paper.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~Ghost129er

• SAS Team
  • SAS Certified Lurk
« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2020, 04:32:37 AM »

Just.. Wow. Can't imagine how our great mission will break next in the updates yet to come.. 

That's one whacky bug though, surprised its a blue object only thing... Wonder what they did to break that train only.

Thanks for taking care ajsbputting the server back up Mike. 8)

sniperton

« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2020, 04:41:45 AM »

No idea what's going on there, but when the train has been killed for the first time, it respawns in a weird manner:
The locomotive appears at the 1st waypoint after the spawnpoint, 1 meter off the track, and the carriages are missing altogether.

Seemingly I was the first (and apparently the last) on that map to play, and on my first sortie I didn't attack the train. Maybe an AI killed it while I was busy with the vehicle column? The only irregularity I can remember from the first sortie is a major hickup of several seconds when I was already limping back to base. But the 2nd sortie started just fine, I followed a taxiing AI Spitfire that took off in front of me.
Anyway, thank you for your continuous efforts Mike.

I'll have to find a way to artificially identify this case in a reliable manner, without erratically restarting the server when it's actually still working properly.

BTW, is 100% CPU usage normal for a prolonged time of, say, more than 5 minutes?

sniperton

« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2020, 01:33:45 PM »

Only happens to the german train - the russian one is okay - and only happened since the 4.008b update, without anything having been changed on mission side.
Autumn map. The Russian (here blue) and German (here red) train met at the border. Russian loco departed back to East -- leaving behind the carriages off-track (pic #1, to the left). I'm positively sure they are Russian as I mistakenly attacked them and got a friendly fire warning. The German train (to the right) is stopped, but is still heading East. Four carriages were destoyed in my previous bomb attack, and now I'm attacking the German loco.
Pic #2 shows the Russian loco happily riding East.
Not that you should do anything about it, it's just FYI.
 ]cheers[

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2020, 12:14:12 AM »

Looks funny.
I'm afraid we can't do anything about it.
From the look of the pictures, the german train arrived at the station but didn't receive a command for the next waypoint yet.
That's why it's still "heading east".
The russian train just received the command for the next waypoint, which causes the whole train including it's carriages to suddenly flip around and head back east.
This 180° flip turn apparently doesn't take railway tracks into account accordingly.
It's a bug of the game, nothing we could change in any way.

The fact that those trains meet in the middle of the map is intentionally.

]cheers[
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2020, 11:23:54 AM »

My usual weekly oddity report. Just FYI  :D

Winter map, Bf-110E with sc50 bombs dropped in pairs onto Russian howitzers.
Each time bombs explode I get a message 'sniperton is firing at a friendly'.
Kills are normally registered a few seconds later and no retribution for friendly fire, as expected.
If I fire board guns at howitzers, there's no friendly fire warning, as expected.

]cheers[

SAS~Ghost129er

• SAS Team
  • SAS Certified Lurk
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2020, 10:33:56 PM »

y u shoot friendli? xD

sniperton

« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2020, 05:43:27 PM »

Alzheimer Memorial Mission #2.

We've been on the server together with player-#####, everything worked perfect, I made my best landing ever without rudder and elevator authority, but the stats page doesn't seem to update for two days.  :D

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2020, 12:22:10 AM »

The stats page doesn't update because the 4.009 update released two days ago requires the stats to be updated too.
Now that I'm on vacation, I'm not bothered to update the server right now.
But don't you worry, your stats aren't lost, they will just be proceeded later on.

]cheers[
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2020, 05:42:39 AM »

No worry here, take your time and enjoy your holiday  ]sunny[
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 27 queries.