Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS BoX Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")  (Read 33776 times)

sniperton

Re: SAS BoX Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2019, 04:17:49 PM »

Just a short notice that I couldn't join the server tonight.
Yesterday I could (after a long abstinence), tonight I couldn't.
So far as I'm aware of, nothing has been changed in my system since yesterday, apart from a few keyboard assigments.
There were two people on the server when I tried to join, mission loaded up to 100%, then it threw me back to the mission type screen (dogfight/cooperative). I tried several times after a system reboot, but with no avail. Is there any log I could attach? Thanks

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2019, 11:21:41 PM »

Nothing much you can do, the Server just locked up for unknown reason (no log, nothing, just locked up).
That's one of the major issues with IL-2 Great Battles: You just don't have any f*ckin' logs to see what happened, neither on Server nor Client side.
In 1946 we know every tiny fart the game makes, in IL-2 GB we hardly know it's there at all.

In the past, I've developed a "Watchdog" which would check whether the Server Process still responds to commands.
If not, it would simply take screenshots, collect logs (if available - in fact this only collected me a hundred of 0-byte files), kill the DServer process and restart it.
The issue now is that the process does respond to commands (except for the "exit" command which will hang the process completely), it's just that the Server doesn't do anything anymore except for hogging the CPU with 100% load and fooling the admin into thinking it was still alive.
The only thing that gave me a clue today that something's fishy is that the "Tick delay" of the Server didn't match the CPU load anymore.
The "Tick delay" was at 13.5 and the CPU load at 100%. Normally, a CPU load of 100% equals a "Tick delay" of 20.
So it seems I will have to enhance the Watchdog in order to work around this issue.
Again.
The next workaround for issues brought to the game by large updates.
This, unfortunately, has a long lasting history in IL-2 Great Battles already... :-|

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

sniperton

« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2019, 11:41:53 PM »

Thank you Mike for the clarification and your continuous efforts, and my sincere condolences regarding that failure is a viable option in GB  ;)

sniperton

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2019, 03:02:48 PM »

Just to notify you, the same is happening with the same symptoms. The first time I tried to join was around 8 PM CET, and the problem still persists as of now (10 PM CET). The server displays 30ish ping and one player online (which is probably the state when it died).

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2019, 12:01:39 AM »

Yep, it's a "random lockup" on the Server, introduced with the last big update 3.201.
Nothing much we can do but to restart the server when it happens.

]cheers[
Mike

macgiver

« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2020, 04:43:58 PM »

Yesterday I tried to enter the FAC server, we can say a test of connection and to satiate curiosity (I'm still struggling with the game settings and my computer). I can't say anything at the moment (I've been here 4 minutes) but today I went on the stats page and was pleasantly surprised: I can choose Spanish and French!  :)

sniperton

« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2020, 05:25:07 PM »

Congrats to Skylla who destroyed 70 (!) airfield objects in one single sortie! Honestly, I had no idea there were so many in an airfield, and my first thought was that he nuked the cows grazing the grass there.  8)

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2020, 04:32:58 AM »

Yesterday I tried to enter the FAC server, we can say a test of connection and to satiate curiosity (I'm still struggling with the game settings and my computer). I can't say anything at the moment (I've been here 4 minutes) but today I went on the stats page and was pleasantly surprised: I can choose Spanish and French!
Nice to hear it is working for you, I think I was even online at that time. At least I saw some "Player-XXXX" connecting for a few minutes.
If you happen to meet me on the server at some point, write me a line, maybe I can help you a bit with setting things up :)

Congrats to Skylla who destroyed 70 (!) airfield objects in one single sortie! Honestly, I had no idea there were so many in an airfield, and my first thought was that he nuked the cows grazing the grass there.

Thanks!
No, I leave the poor cows alone - they get slaughtered by the AI mudmovers far too often anyways.

I was attacking the fuel depot on the southwest side of the airfield and the AI spawn point with two 1800 kg bombs. The spawn point bomb didn't hit, but the one aimed at the fuel depot scored a direct hit.

Ricky, who was also flying a He-111 at that time, scored a direct hit onto the spawn point. IIRC he destroyed a couple of aircraft with his payload there.

The airfields really have become juicy targets for bombers with the new fuel depots .. but if you want to attack them you should not attempt to do so below five km altitude, otherwise you will be the juicy target for the base defence figthers! ;)
When all else fails: read the instructions!

SAS~Ghost129er

• SAS Team
  • SAS Certified Lurk
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2020, 04:38:24 AM »

Thanks!
No, I leave the poor cows alone - they get slaughtered by the AI mudmovers far too often anyways.

LEAVINGS MY SACRED ANIMALZ ALONE!!! -yells in obnoxious Indian accent- :)) Jokes aside...

Ricky, who was also flying a He-111 at that time, scored a direct hit onto the spawn point. IIRC he destroyed a couple of aircraft with his payload there.

Yeah, if I didn't hit B instead of V, like I was supposed to, I would have had an extra bomb for some extra damage, but noooo.

Congrats to Skylla who destroyed 70 (!) airfield objects in one single sortie! Honestly, I had no idea there were so many in an airfield, and my first thought was that he nuked the cows grazing the grass there.  8)

Oh for sure, he was like "I got 70 buildings" and I was like "... Wait, what the hell? What the hell was your score??" so we both have the same reaction, haha~ I've given up on trying to compete for Top 5 - I don't have that much time to invest into IL-2 BoX at the moment but I'm good enough with being Top 10.
Current activity: Giving his E46 330ci some TLC.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2020, 02:23:27 PM »

I leave the poor cows alone - they get slaughtered by the AI mudmovers far too often anyways.
We need retaliation for that: Supercow going up when that happens, slapping her udders around the attacking pilot's face :D

]cheers[
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2020, 05:12:07 PM »

FYI server stats are not updated after I had some weird crashes.
It was local Joystick Gremlin that crashed on not finding vJoy device #2 (which is not in use), but after reboots everything went fine, except that stats are not updated.

sniperton

« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2020, 05:03:19 PM »

Sorry if I hadn't been clear enough.
The FAC server stats page seems to be locked up in its state as it was on the afternoon of 26 January (Sunday).
Is it a known problem or is it just me who doesn't see it being updated? Please confirm whatever the case, thanks.
 ]thumbsup[
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 27 queries.