Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Indochina campaigns: RC 4 & Rice Fields and Rivers  (Read 2388 times)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
Indochina campaigns: RC 4 & Rice Fields and Rivers
« on: June 22, 2018, 10:12:58 AM »

Here are three campaigns:
RC4
Rice Fields and Rivers (for the P-63)
Rice Fields and Rivers (4 missions for P-63 and 6 missions for F8F Bearcat)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each campaign has two sets of missions:
 one is for the map named ag_cztx_PS_Viet_Minh 
 one is for the map named ag_Viet_Minh 

(Since some modpacks have either one of the two listed above; I know, it's confusing).
 I simply changed the name of the map at the top of each mission file and put those missions into a folder named "Campaign for ____ map." If one campaign does not work in your setup, just delete it and replace it with the other.

Open the "Campaign for ____ map" folder and copy "RC_4" and paste it into your FR (France) campaign folder.
 Sequence is: Missions/Campaign/FR/
 ----------------
Campaigns were made in VPModpack and should work in in any other pack as long as you have the following...
 MODS needed:

Gerd's_F8F-2_Beta_0_4  http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,10588.0.html
 F8F Stationary Plane  http://www.mediafire.com/?fhu41h11d811jzm
 updated ag_cztx_PS_Viet_Minh Mod Map  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,51748.msg563711.html#msg563711
 or
 updated ag_Viet_Minh mod map  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,57906.msg638949.html#msg638949

SKINS by Zargos and possibly others whom I do not know, sorry.
 I used the Zargos' P-63C skins as a base to make more.
 While making new skins, I noticed in photos that some P-63s do not have the black line painted on the topside of the wings. I assume the French repainted the planes and painted over the black lines. Some of these skins are made like that.

[/url]
An 11-mission campaign based on historical events in which you will fly the Bell P-63 Kingcobra for the Armee de l'Air GC 2/5 "ile de France" squadron in battles during the French Indochina War, November 1949-October 1950.

By 1949 the French maintained control over much of their Indochina colony. The Viet Minh had previously suffered defeats in Operations "Lea" and "Ceinture" during 1947 and have been regrouping across the border in China. In 1949, China became Communist and proceeded to give aid to the Viet Minh. The main focus for the Viet Minh now was on the highway known as Route Coloniale 4 (RC4) which ran along the eastern border with China all the way up to Cao Bang - where the French had established a fortified base after the 1947 operations. French supply columns had to travel frequently from Lang Son to Cao Bang in order to keep the latter supplied with food, fuel, and ammunition. Viet Minh ambushes against the supply columns were regular and increasing in frequency and ferocity. The Western Powers - the USA, Great Britain, and France - realized the new threat of communism and saw that nations in Asia could fall like dominos. The USA began to give aid and weapons to France to shore up their defenses in Indochina. American made P-63 Kingcobras began to arrive in Haiphong and Hanoi in late 1949. GC 1/5 "Vendee" went to Hanoi while GC 2/5 "ile de France" went to Haiphong.
Download:  http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2571

A 10-mission campaign based on historical events in which you will fly the Bell P-63 Kingcobra for the Armee de l'Air GC I/9 "Limousin" squadron in battles during the French Indochina War, January-June 1951.

At the beginning of 1951, the Viet Minh held the initiative after their stunning victories along RC4. Meanwhile, the French were demoralized and withdrawing to the more coastal regions of Tonkin. The Communist Party strategists felt the time was right for a huge counteroffensive to sweep the French out of Indochina.
 This campaign portrays the battles for Vinh Yen, Mao Khe, and the Day River.
Download:  http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2572

[/url]
A 10-mission campaign based on historical events in which you will fly the Bell P-63 Kingcobra for the first four missions and the F8F Bearcat for the next six missions. The missions portray the Armee de l'Air GC I/9 "Limousin" squadron in battles during

At the beginning of 1951, the Viet Minh held the initiative after their stunning victories along RC4. Meanwhile, the French were demoralized and withdrawing to the more coastal regions of Tonkin. The Communist Party strategists felt the time was right for a huge counteroffensive to sweep the French out of Indochina.
 This campaign portrays the battles for Vinh Yen, Mao Khe, and the Day River.
 The F8F Bearcat arrived on the scene for the battle of Mao Khe.
Download:  http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2573

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
Re: Indochina campaigns: RC 4 & Rice Fields and Rivers
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:16:11 AM »

Nice, thanks a lot!

Will be fun to see if these work in BAT :P

BAT uses the ag_cztx_PS_Viet_Minh map, so that's your choice in any case.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 02:31:30 PM »

ya, it should be no problem because you have the map and as long as you have the F8F Bearcat MOD.

I just want to say it's been very interesting researching details about these Indochina War battles.  I used mainly online resources and pages and sections of online e-books.  Many were in the French language but Google translator enabled me to learn so much.  These were large battles in a practically unknown war (at least here in USA) and I hope to shed some light on the subject.

Willyp

• Military Arms Photos
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 05:30:42 PM »

CzechTexan, thanks for another great campaign set!, VP I already did the minor mods needed and they seem to run fine in BAT, not much needs to be changed at all, and I think I also just finished another campaign/missions transformation for BAT that I think was 1 of your earlier campaigns, "Fighters over Israel" which also converted really well, thanks to both you guys for all your work, contributions and assistance given to everyone looking for help!
Intel I9-9900K 4ghz CPU, Nvidia 2080Ti 11gb GPU, 64Gb DDR4-3200ram, 2Tb SSD boot, 4Tb SSD, 2Tb SSD, 8Tb 7200rpm HDD+32Gb Intel Optane

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 07:32:06 PM »

Thanks WillyP.  But I never did anything on Israeli fighters :)  I agree and I do also recommend getting vpmedia's repaint of the ag_Viet Minh map.   Even if users want to keep their map name "ag_ct_PS_Viet_Minh" they can just replace those map files with vpmedia's.  It's pretty simple, as you say.

Willyp

• Military Arms Photos
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 08:06:12 PM »

CzechT, sorry, the Israeli campaign I was working on was VP's, & I do have the Viet map you suggested already loaded & running LOL!, with all the campaigns I've downloaded & put into BAT in the 6 mos I've been into Il2 I've never actually flown a campaign LOL!, I think I've gotten every one you, Humphrey, SASPoltava, Monty, VP, Vamp, Saldy, Beebop have done going back to 2009 in some cases, & about 25 Russian language ones from Aviaskins & got almost all working in BAT, I spend most of my time learning to add stuff & modify it & none flying! But with all the stuff you guys keep putting out & the tremendous work of all the modders on this forum it sure is fun LOL! Thanx to everyone!!!
Intel I9-9900K 4ghz CPU, Nvidia 2080Ti 11gb GPU, 64Gb DDR4-3200ram, 2Tb SSD boot, 4Tb SSD, 2Tb SSD, 8Tb 7200rpm HDD+32Gb Intel Optane

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 04:09:30 AM »

enjoying this greatly in BAT WAW! :D

Ju-52 paratrooper loadout needed a first fix in FMB on mission 5.
  weapons 12xPara

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 06:06:35 AM »

hmm thanks for the report.  I was pretty sure I had paratroopers jumping  :-|

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 06:53:33 AM »

yeah, but your version has a 18xpara loadout, which does not exist in BAT

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 06:26:03 PM »

yeah, but your version has a 18xpara loadout, which does not exist in BAT
ah!  I see now.  Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Anyhow, not having paratroopers is not going to affect the mission...it's really just for eye candy and the P-63 pilots may not even see the Ju-52s.

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 02:48:59 AM »

Looks good !

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • a million fixes
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 11:57:42 AM »

5 Star rating for these campaigns, this is great work and absolutely recommended! : ;D

Great work all around, especially on ground objects. Plays well in BAT WAW, good FPS despite lots of ground action.

The small loadout thing with the paratroopers in RC4 is  simple to fix for BAT users.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 24 queries.