Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 107   Go Down

Author Topic: graphics extender  (Read 284588 times)

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
Re: graphics extender
« Reply #540 on: April 16, 2019, 10:22:55 PM »

Tested the last build with B.A.T. 3.6 BLITZ:

Works flawlessly! At least till now I haven't noticed any significant bugs.

The only problem that I have is a very long starting time of the game itself. It takes me to smoke a cigarette and it is around 4-5 minutes. On the contrary missions now load very fasts just as the original game.

Il2ge regenerates some cache files after it has been installed/updated, but that should happen only once.

All in all everything looks just great. I think GE should become a default part of the IL-2 5.00m onward. Of course with the option in the Selector to turn it off for older machines.

For me it is now a default option  :)

P.S. Hope to see some overcast clouds in future updates.

P.S.S. Would be nice to have some INI file with more settings of a color & temperature.

Thank you for the amazing work!

I guess with overcast you mean the cirrus cloud layer at ~7000m that il2ge currently doesn't render?
Regarding colors: At some point I want to overhaul the shader code - maybe I'll add some settings in that process.

Hello slibenli!

Is it only me or the night is waaaaay to dark?

It is 01:00 AM at the Falmouth airfield.

I literally could not see anything. It was just plain dark.

Maybe this can be tuned somehow? So you can at least see something with the landing light on.

I'm not yet taking moonlight into account, but it's among the things I'll do next.
BTW: did you set ObjectShaders=0 in i2ge.conf?

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #541 on: April 17, 2019, 05:32:45 AM »

Thanks for the reply!

Il2ge regenerates some cache files after it has been installed/updated, but that should happen only once.

Yes, now everything works as usual.

I guess with overcast you mean the cirrus cloud layer at ~7000m that il2ge currently doesn't render?

Yes, I have meant that. I think they will add more difference between the different weather conditions.

I'm not yet taking moonlight into account, but it's among the things I'll do next.

No, I didn't set that. I will try and report back. But I think that the moonlight should be taken into the account for sure, because now it is very hard to fly any night missions. At least if you do not want to learn how to fly 100% by instruments  :P

EDIT:

Not sure that I understanding where I can find that file. Can you point me out, please?

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
« Reply #542 on: April 18, 2019, 01:15:06 AM »

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, now everything works as usual.

Yes, I have meant that. I think they will add more difference between the different weather conditions.

Doesn't the cirrus layer stay the same irrespective of the weather?

No, I didn't set that. I will try and report back. But I think that the moonlight should be taken into the account for sure, because now it is very hard to fly any night missions. At least if you do not want to learn how to fly 100% by instruments  :P

Of course, depending on the moon phase it could still be completely dark.
I could "cheat" a bit and always add a fixed amount of ambient light.

EDIT:

Not sure that I understanding where I can find that file. Can you point me out, please?

I didn't mean you should set it. From the screenshot it just looked to me like it was set.
If il2ge.conf il2ge.ini doesn't exist in your IL2 folder, defaults are used - in this case ObjectShaders=1 which looks best.
Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: il2ge.ini not il2ge.conf  :-[

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #543 on: April 18, 2019, 03:18:11 AM »

I uploaded you some cirrus cloud layers I've been using:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XhN3yhqVYwiQ-0h5uO2E87kwVKNdz1gh/view

In the stock game each map can have it's own cirrus cloud layer assigned via load.ini.

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
« Reply #544 on: April 18, 2019, 03:31:52 AM »

I uploaded you some cirrus cloud layers I've been using:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XhN3yhqVYwiQ-0h5uO2E87kwVKNdz1gh/view

In the stock game each map can have it's own cirrus cloud layer assigned via load.ini.

Thanks - I'll look into it.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #545 on: April 18, 2019, 05:44:54 PM »

Do later game versions still handle the high cirrus layer by treating it as a very gently curved dome, in order to integrate with the stock nearby visibility limit? Years ago I made a simple grid texture for experimentation, in order to understand how the high cloud texturing was performed. It was immediately clear that the height of the layer was highest at one's location, sloping down to a considerable degree in all directions therefrom, in order to 'merge' more properly with the artificially very nearby (and hence angularly depressed) horizon. If not for that, there would be a considerable gap, or band between the *apparent* horizon and the cirrus cloud layer; it would look odd.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #546 on: April 19, 2019, 11:32:42 AM »

Doesn't the cirrus layer stay the same irrespective of the weather?

As for the cirrus layer, I think I haven't explained myself correct.

I would like to divide this into two things:

First I would like to see the cirrus layer when I am flying over the clouds in poor weather. That will add a great immersion to this already great mod. Would be also great to use a set of textures and then make the game choose a random texture for each mission start.

Second that would be also great is to make something about the look of the horizon when you fly in a poor weather under the clouds. Currently the horizon looks just bright as at will be in a clear weather. I understand that this is a problem of the clouds rendering distance, but I thought that in stock IL-2 the cirrus clouds layer was swapped when you are flying under the clouds so you see a grey horizon well blending with both clouds and grounds.

Also it would be great to reduce visibility according to mission weather settings.

Cheers, and thank you!

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
« Reply #547 on: April 19, 2019, 01:25:18 PM »

As for the cirrus layer, I think I haven't explained myself correct.

I would like to divide this into two things:

First I would like to see the cirrus layer when I am flying over the clouds in poor weather. That will add a great immersion to this already great mod. Would be also great to use a set of textures and then make the game choose a random texture for each mission start.
Second that would be also great is to make something about the look of the horizon when you fly in a poor weather under the clouds. Currently the horizon looks just bright as at will be in a clear weather. I understand that this is a problem of the clouds rendering distance, but I thought that in stock IL-2 the cirrus clouds layer was swapped when you are flying under the clouds so you see a grey horizon well blending with both clouds and grounds.

I know what you mean, I'll have to look what can be done about that.

Also it would be great to reduce visibility according to mission weather settings.

Cheers, and thank you!

Currently looking into that ;)

Rostic

« Reply #548 on: April 22, 2019, 10:23:14 AM »

I found new bug on version il2ge-build_196024206.zip
Game version 4.12.4 HSFX 7.0.3
Do not know map name... one of summer versions of Channel.

As you can see it is water rendered but ground must be.
May be track can help: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PhhgebJODSOjmHNzmngOD8io7aE4IQRy

Also I can add that
1) I played this mission on much early version of GE without this problem.
2) When I watched the replay I saw that water rendered even on different ground height.

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
« Reply #549 on: April 22, 2019, 11:28:32 AM »

Is this close to the map border?
If yes, it's a known bug.

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
« Reply #550 on: April 25, 2019, 05:42:52 AM »

WIP: haze layer

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #551 on: April 25, 2019, 05:59:04 AM »

Looks great! Nice to see this thread finally pinned
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 107   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 26 queries.